In 1757 William Backwell, a banker of Pall Mall, acquired from the trustees of Sir Richard Atkins the mill and land in Caldecote which had been granted to Tickford Priory.
In 1770 William Backwell died, having left Caldecote to William Harwood, who took the name of Backwell in 1770 and dc.1815.The manor passed to William Adair of Trowse Newton, NORFOLK, (son of ..................... ?) who had had some interest in it since 1800.In 1843 his widow Charlotte(nee Harwood) left it to her nephew Charles Hawkins, whose trustees sold it in 1858 to William Whitworth.In 1770 Charlotte Harwood (Adair) was a legatee of William Backwell (P.C.C. 1846, CCXXXiii fol.852); (P.C.C.4. Jenner)
Farm of Caldecote, was about 1/4 mile from the west bank of the Lovat, Parish Newport Pagnell, Buckingham Co, England.