I also have a type-written listing of direct relatives taken from the book "A Genealogical History of Robert Adams of Newbury, Mass. and his Descendants" by Andrew N. Adams" 1900.It was provided to me by my great aunt and contains only sketchy information.If you have the book, I wonder if there might be any more pertinant information in there, or could you tell me if there is any connection whatsoever to the presidents or patriot, Samuel Adams?What I have is as follows:
1. Robert Adams, b.1602 England -- came to America 1635, d.1682, lived in Newbury, Mass.
2. Sergt. Abraham 1639-1714, b. Salem, Mass., m.Mary Pettengill 1652-1705
3. Isaac 1679-1738, b.Newbury, Mass., m. Hannah Spofford 1652-1775
4. Samuel 1710-1736, m. Sarah Burbank of Rowley
5. Col. Samuel 1736-1814, b. Byfield, Mass., m. Mary Stickney 1744-1802
6. Samuel, Jr. 1768-1825, b.Groveland, Mass., m. Mary Savory 1780-1841
7. Moses 1810-1876, b. Groveland, Mass., m. Sarah Colby 1809-1887
8. Charles Samuel, b. 29 July 1842, Groveland, Mass., m. Ellen E. Simpson of Alma, Maine (My records have Eliza E.)
9. Lena Simpson Adams b. 25 May 1879, Groveland, Mass.
This is where the book leaves off, apparently.Lena S. Adams was my great-grandmother.She married Arthur Joseph Roath.They had 10 children, including my grandmother, Greta Eleanor Roath who married my grandfather, Neal Jay Korb.
Any info you can provide would be very helpful and welcome. I would especially like to clear up the question once and for all about whether or not there is any connection, even remote, to the presidents.I am doubting it at this point, but these Adams' were in Massachusetts at the right time.I have found the connection on the other side of the family. Thanks!