I currently have on eBay photos pertaining to the ADOLPH/ADOLF, FOX & Allied Families.They are eBay item nos. 180038624032, 180038626323, 180038631222, 180038965714 & 180038970783.Some of these auctions end the evening of Monday, October 23, 2006 and the others Tuesday, October 24, 2006.
SURNAMES:ADOLF, ADOLPH, ALFORD, ANTHONY, BLANCHARD, FOX, GRUNER, LARABEE, LUH, MOTSON, MUFFLY, MYERS, OLDS, RAPP, ROBINSON, SMITH, TOZIER, TUCKER, WHALEN, WILSON
CLARA JANE FOX - b. 1 January 1851, Lima, Allen Co., OH, the daughter of Seymour FOX and Mary Annis ALFORD.Clara married Philip Francis ADOLF, 19 August 1868.PHILIP FRANCIS ADOLF was b. 1841, in Reichenberg, Bohemia, the son of Philip ADOLF and Anna GRUNER.Philip d. 1931, in Girard, Branch Co., MI. Clara d. 1940, Union, Branch Co., MI.Clara & Philip had five children.
For more on Clara & Philip, go to:http://www.rootsweb.com/~mibranch/photos/Places/AdolphPhilippHome.htmhttp://www.rootsweb.com/~mibranch/photos/Places/AdolphPhilippHome.htm and http://www.rootsweb.com/~mibranch/photos/Places/AdolphPhillipHome.htmhttp://www.rootsweb.com/~mibranch/photos/Places/AdolphPhillipHome.htm
CHILDREN of PHILIP FRANCIS ADOLF/ADOLPH and CLARA JANE FOX:
1. ANNA ADOLPH - b. abt. 1869, Union, Branch Co., MI.Died in infancy.
2. LEWIS PHILIP ADOLPH - b. 26 June 1870, Girard, Branch Co., MI.Lewis married Elizabeth Ruth OLDS, July 1895.Elizabeth was b. 30 July 1868, Branch Co., MI, the daughter of Frederick W. OLDS and Harriet WILSON.Lewis d. 25 April 1964, Branch Co., MI, and Elizabeth d. 17 January 1968.They had three children.http://grunerheritage.com/1/houses/lewisadolph/house.htmlhttp://grunerheritage.com/1/houses/lewisadolph/house.html
3. FRANK EARNEST ADOLPH - b. 10 May 1874, Coldwater, Branch Co., MI. Frank married first Cora C. ANTHONY, b. 18 November 1876, Columbia, Boone Co., MO, the daughter of Lee ANTHONY and Lotta S. TUCKER.Cora d. 20 May 1920.Frank and Cora had three children.Frank married second, Leila E. ANTHONY, 25 December 1920, the sister of Cora.She was born 31 October 1888, Columbia, Boone Co., MO, and d. November 1969.Frank d. 28 January 1951.Frank and Leila had two children.http://grunerheritage.com/1/images/descendants4d.htmlhttp://grunerheritage.com/1/images/descendants4d.html
4. LaNORA CAROLINE (ADOLPH) ROBINSON – b. 7 May 1876, Union, Branch Co., MI.LaNora married Ulysses S. ROBINSON, 21 November 1894, Girard, Branch Co., MI.Ulysses was b. 12 March 1869, in Union, Branch Co., MI, the son of Lafayette ROBINSON and Lucinda MUFFLY.A Ulysses S. Robinson died 17 June 1944, in Van Buren Co., MI, and his death record can be found on pg. 104 of the Death Record Index 1935-1945. This may well be Nora's former husband.I will leave that for others to determine.LaNora d. 24 January 1965, in Branch Co., MI.LaNora and Ulysses had six children.
ADOLPH, LaNora:(1876-1965)Alternately referred to by family members as Carry or Nora, LaNora was the only daughter of Philip Adolph and Clara Fox to survive infancy. She was born on 7 May 1876 in Branch County, Michigan and died there on 24 January 1965. She was a personable and bright child who graduated from high school and was teaching for two years before the age of sixteen. She gave up teaching at the age of eighteen to marry Ulysses S. Robinson in 1894. The marriage was unfortunate and finally ended in divorce, but not before she gave birth to six children. She succeeded with the help of her young sons to manage the farm and educate the children. She also managed to become a school board member, lead a 4-H Club group and was an active member of a Ladies Aid Society, the Congressional Church, and the Eastern Star. Her children were Victor Lafayette, Milo, Paul H., Frank, Ulysses S., Jr., and Eva.
5. SEYMOUR ALLEN ADOLPH - b. 13 August 1891, Union, Branch Co., MI.Seymour married Sarah SMITH in 1913.Sarah was born in 1888 & died in 1972.Seymour died April 1986.They had no children.http://grunerheritage.com/1/images/descendants4f.htmlhttp://grunerheritage.com/1/images/descendants4f.html
The parents of Clara Jane (FOX) ADOLPH, were Seymour FOX and Mary Annis ALFORD.
SEYMOUR FOX - b. 4 March 1824, New York, the son of Daniel FOX and Amassa WHALEN.Seymour married MARY ANNIS ALFORD, 22 February 1848, in Bethel, Branch Co., MI.Mary was b. 22 February 1824, the daughter of John ALFORD and Clarissa RAPP.Seymour d. 3 May 1903, Batavia, Branch Co., MI.Mary d. 3 May 1905, Batavia, Branch Co., MI.Seymour and Mary had eight children.
CHILDREN of SEYMOUR FOX and MARY ANNIS ALFORD:
1. BELLE FOX
2. ELLA ADILIA FOX - b. 10 January 1849, Lima, Allen Co., OH. - d. 7 August 1850, Lima, Allen Co., OH.
3. CLARA JANE FOX (See Records Above)
4. CHARLES SEYMOUR FOX - b. 12 September 1853, Sturgis, St. Joseph Co., MI.Charles married Frances TOZIER, 3 August 1877.Frances was b. 1858 and d. 1943.Charles d. 17 September 1940, in Tilden, Madison Co., NE.Charles and Frances had eight children.
5. ELIZA A. FOX - b. 11 March 1857, Sturgis, St. Joseph Co., MI - d. 21 January 1880, Coldwater, Branch Co., MI.She married Cornelius BLANCHARD, 31 May 1876, in Bethel, Branch Co., MI.Cornelius was b. 22 February 1850, Carolynhon, Yorkshire, England, the son of Joseph BLANCHARD and Mary MOTSON.He d. 1 September 1911, Bronson, Branch Co., MI.Eliza and Cornelius had one child, JOHN ALFRED BLANCHARD.
6. MARY A. FOX - b. 4 April 1859, Sturgis, St. Joseph Co., MI - d. 27 October 1906.Mary married James Delbert LARABEE, 22 February 1881. James was b. c. 1856, the son of Austin LARABEE and Elizabeth MYERS.
7. ISABELLA MARIAH FOX - b. 7 April 1864, Bethel, Branch Co., MI.Isabella married Fred Root SMITH, 30 October 1882.No further information known.
8. AFTON WILLIAM FOX - b. 9 September 1866, Bethel, Branch Co., MI.Afton married Bettie LUH, 8 October 1891, in Coldwater, Branch Co., MI.Bettie was b. 17 July 1866, in Germany.Afton d. 15 October 1955, Coldwater, Branch Co., MI. and Bettie d. 19 July 1916, Coldwater, Branch Co., MI.Afton and Bettie had three children.
I am not a family member and these records have come from a number of different sources (e.g. Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, census records, family websites, etc...).As with all genealogical records, please verify the information yourself.These are offered as a framework on this family.