Am looking for information concerning Albiston family of Wolverhampton and where they might have originated.
During the 1881 census, it seems that there were just 2 Albiston families in Wolverhampton.Here are some of the details about them:
WOLVERHAMPTON ALBISTON FAMILY #1
Aaron Abel Albiston was christened 8 Jun 1834 at Darlington Street Wesleyan, Wolverhampton, Stafford, England.His parents were John Albiston and Ann Baggott.Aaron’s wife was named Eliza.At the time of the 1881 census, they were living at 124 Cartwright Street in Wolverhampton.
They had the following children:
(1) Clara Albiston was born 1861 in Wolverhampton
(2) Alice Albiston was born 1862 in Wolverhampton
(3) Annie Elizabeth Albiston was born 1864 in Wolverhampton.She married Robert Cresswell Cooper in 1895.
(4) William C. Albiston was born 1866 in Wolverhampton
(5) Arthur James Albiston was born 1870 in Wolverhampton.
(6) Samuel Albiston was born 1872 in Wolverhampton
(7) Alfred Albiston was born 1874 in Wolverhampton.He married Sarah Ann Fern.
(8) Louise Maud "Louisa" Albiston was born 1878 in Wolverhampton
WOLVERHAMPTON ALBISTON FAMILY #2
John Albiston was born 1844 in Wolverhampton, Stafford, England.At the time of the 1881 Census, this family was living at 12 West Street, Wolverhampton.
John married Harriet or Pricilla Greatbatch 1869 in Wolverhampton, Stafford, England. Harriet was born 1847 in Shifnal, Shropshire, England.
John and Harriet had the following children:
(1) Jane Ellen Albiston was born 1870 in Wolverhampton
(2) Sam Albiston was born 1873 in Wolverhampton.He died in Threxham, Denbighshire, North Wales.He worked as a Locomotive Engineer at the Stafford Road Engineering Works, Wolverhampton.Sometime around 1900, Sam married Ida Plimmer.
(3) Florrie Albiston was born 1875 in Wolverhampton
(4) Priscilla Albiston was born 1880 in Wolverhampton, Stafford, England.
Would greatly appreciate hearing more about these families and from there descendants.