George B. Albright, proprietor of the Market House Saloon, and superintendent of the South Reading Market, and who is well known in business circles of the city, was born in Bern township, Berks county, son of Amos Albright. Amos Albright was also a native of Bern township, and a blacksmith by trade. He married Tamson Smith, daughter of Thomas P. Smith, and to this union were born children as follows: Mary m. Isaac S. Leining; Alfred S.; Ellen R. m. Monroe Bender; Lucinda m. Reuben Leinbach; and Helen m. Pierson Hetrick. Amos Albright died in 1901, aged seventy-five years, in the faith of the Reformed Church, which his wife, who survives him, attends. In politics Mr. Albright was a Democrat. George B. Albright was educated in the common schools of Bern township, and followed farming until the age of nineteen years, when he learned butchering and engaged in that business on Sixth street, Reading, for ten years. In 1875, in company with his father-in-law Abraham S. Kissinger, Mr. Albright started a coal yard at the corner of Sixth and Bingaman streets, and this was carried on until 1885, with great success. Mr. Albright came to his present stand in 1895 as superintendent of the South Reading market house, which had been built by a company, organized as the South Reading Market House Company, in 1870. Since Mr. Albright has taken charge many substantial improvements have been made, including a cement floor throughout the building, and a stable, containing 282 stalls to accommodate an equal number of horses. Mr. Albright became manager of the saloon in 1895, and this he has conducted with much success, it being very popular with out-of-town people. In 1874 Mr. Albright married Mary A. Kissinger, daughter of A. S. Kissinger, now deceased, and six children were born to this union, three of whom survive: William A., Howard and L. Annie. The other three children died in infancy. Not only in business circles has Mr. Albright been prominently connected, but in politics as well, being a staunch Democrat and at one time school controller of the First ward. He has attended both county and State conventions, and is regarded as a strong party man in this section. Fraternally he is connected with Lodge No. 115, B. P. O. E., and Teutonia Lodge No. 367, F. & A. M., and the Liberty Fire Company.