I am looking for details of the Alderson family who emigrated to Canada through Montreal from Muker, Swaledale, in 1891.I have the following information:
Thomas Alderson, Rash, Swaledale, born 1798, died Feb. 26, 1845, aged 47.
-married to Maryann? died March 23, 1856
1. Charles Alderson, born March 26th, 1830
2. Tanney (?) born Jan 7, 1832, a daughter (can't quite make out the first letter-maybe Fanney?!
3.Thomas, born October 2, 1833-died August 10th 1893( I don't know if in Vancouver or in Yorks.)I think it was Vancouver.
4. ---?ites, (can't read name), born May 22, 1835
5. William, born Dec. 23, 1836
6. John, born Sept. 23, 1838
7. James, born Aug. 26, 1841
My great-great grandfather was Thomas, #3 above.
He married Margaret Butson, born June 18th, 1839, lived at Tan Hills, Yorks. as a girl, went to Canada but I don't know when, and was Married on dec. 4, 1859 in Muker (?) Swaledale to Thomas.
Their children were:
1. Mary Ann Alderson, born Sept. 3, 1860
2. Christopher, born Dec. 16, 1863-died May 2, 1916, aged 52
3. Tamar (Amy)-born March 22, 1867, died in Vancouver,B.C. in 1948
4. Thomas Alderson-born Aug. 3, 1870, died July 18th, 1930, aged 59
5. Margaret Jane, born October 20th, 1874, died in 1956, aged 82 years old.
6. Elizabeth Alice-born Jan. 2, 1879, died March 3, 1913, aged 34
7. John William Alderson-October 4, 1881-Feb. 7, 1917, passenger on S.S. California when it was torpedoed along with his son, Claude, aged 3. I cannot find records of where these people were born, although I think it might have been Muker or Brumley, or their occupations, or when they came to Canada.
I would be very interested to know anything about them, or leadingup to them, or their families left behind. I am particularly interested in finding registrations of birth, death, and links.
Re Thomas above: I have a Book of Common Prayer, dated 1839, enscribed on the leather cover.It reads "The gift of Philip, the late Lord Wharton, distributed by his lordship's trustees, 1841."
Inside, it reads 1842-Thomas Alderson Rash, aged 10 years, and there's a little note that specifies Lord Wharton's directions-"tha the name and age of teh children to whom the Bibles are given, shall be wrote in the Book: the Trustees require it to be so done; and the child, before it shall receive or be entitled to receive, the Book, shall be taught to read, and tbe able to say by Heart the catechism, and some of the prayers hherewith sent,according to the establishment of teh church of England, as well as the 1st, 15th, 25th, 37th, 101st, and 145th Psalms."
I'd be grateful for any help as to their birthplaces, schoolingand where the siblings of Thomas are.I'm working on info for those who left for Canada.