Does anyone know of an ALEWINE marriage with any of the following surnames in the mid-to-late 1700's in southern NC, northwestern SC or northeastern GA?
ALEWINE CARROLL/CARRELL, etc. spellings FRANKLIN MILES RILEY TYLER WILSON
I am interested in the ancestry of John Wilson CARROLL and Frances FRANKLIN who were md. in Spartanburg Co., SC on 8 Jan 1814 by Esquire KIDD.Does anyone know anything about where this Esquire KIDD lived at that time....and if he was a minister or a clerk of the court of the area?
John and Frances CARROLL eventually settled in Edmonson Co., KY by ca. 1857-59 after possibly living in various other States.
John and Francis (FRANKLIN) CARROLL had the following children.Some of the names could give clues to the ancestry of the parents:
1. Elijah Alewine CARROLL (1815-1895) - md. Sarah Ann Perlina WILMOTH
2. Evaline CARROLL (ca. 1818-?) - md. 1) David POTTS, 2) Luke GOODMAN
3. Frances Mahala CARROLL (ca. 1822-1854) - md. Benjamin B. WILMOTH
4. Delilah CARROLL (ca. 1825-?) - md. William Brice CONSTANT
5. John Miles CARROLL (ca. 1826-?) - md. Unice CONSTANT
6. Eliza Jane CARROLL (1830-1899) - md. Frederick MEREDITH, Jr.
7. William Albert CARROLL (1831-?) - md. Lucinda THOMPSON
8. Elbert Franklin CARROLL (ca. 1838-?) - md. md. Lucretia MILLER
9. Amanda CARROLL (1839-?) - md.William GORE
10. Tyler Wilson CARROLL (ca. 1840/41-1918) - md. Sarah STINNETT
11. Jack CARROLL (b. ? , d. 1843) drowned
John Wilson CARROLL was also said to have had a son named "Tommy" by an Indian maiden, but no more is known about this.
The first name ELIJAH was used in many of the families which came down from John and Frances CARROLL.It appears often also in many ALEWINE families of GA.
The above came information from the excellent research of Faye Carroll of Bowling Green, KY who has done much excellent research on this line for many years.