To Gail, Jack, and Others:
From a book at the Texas State Library, "Records of Coryell County," come these tidbits:
1) John B. Wills married Harriet C. Alexander on 29/June/1838 (marriage book 'A,' page 6);
2) I. J. Downs married Miss Mollie Alexander on 30/December/1875 (marriage book ‘D-1,’ page 125);
From a book at the Texas State Library, "Texas Cemetery Records and Miscellaneous Bible Records," come these tidbits:
1) Ayers/Smith/Alexander/Lide/Vickers Bible
Thomas Vickers Lide, born 5/October/18??, died 27/April/1880, married Sarah Frances Hall Alexander on 25/July/1866. She was born 11/November/1846 and died 11/November/1940.
1) Robert Alexander Lide, born 5/August/1867;
2) Thomas Vickers Lide, born 23/May/1867,
3) Eliza Alexander (Pearl) Lide, born 10/October/1871,
4) William Armstrong Lide, born 28/February/1873,
5) John Julius Lide, born 1874, died 1875,
6) Annie Ayers Lide, born 7/April/1875,
7) Sarah Frances Alexander Lide, born 6/November/1877,
8) Bertie Temple Lide, born 28/November/1879.
(additional info regarding ancestry of parents and death dates of children for those that want it. E-mail me here: FlanaganTX7777@worldnet.att.net)
William Alexander, born 30/January/1749, died 31/May/1836, married Mary Brown in 1763 in Anson County, North Carolina.
1) Daniel Alexander
(appear to be others, it is difficult to correctly interpret the info as it has been typed)
1) Daniel Alexander, born 7/July/1767, died 1827, married Judith Mcffatt in 1793. She was born 3/October/1772.
1) Margaret Alexander, born 6/February/1795. Married Carr;
2) Silas Alexander, born 7/October/1796. Married Mary Kennedy;
3) Esther Alexander, born 24/September/1798;
4) Ozini Alexander, born 12/September/1800. Married Hamrer;
5) John Alexander, born 30/July/1802;
6) Anderson Alexander, born 27/April/1804;
7) Jane Alexander, born 9/January/1805;
8) William R. Alexander, born 17/August/1807;
9) Daniel Franklin Alexander, born 5/July/1809;
10) Robert Alexander, 7/June/1811; Married Eliza Ayers;
11) Madison Alexander, born 22/November/1814.
(as with information shown earlier, additional info regarding ancestry of parents and death dates of children for those that want it. E-mail me here:FlanaganTX7777@worldnet.att.net)
From a book at the Texas State Library, "Colonial and Genealogical Records," come these tidbits:
Joel R. Alexander, born 12/January/1791, died 6/August/1860. He married Synthia Morrison in 1815. She was born 28/March/1792, died 26/July/1847.
(there follows a list of 13 children, all of which are difficult to read from the copy that I made. I am able to read child #8 and have printed that info below. Can arrange to make another photocopy that is more legible for the info on the other 12 children but only if at least several people insist on it. E-mail me.)
8) C. B. Alexander, born 14/March/1824, died 7/March/1898.
First marriage: Mary A. D. Alexander on 14/March/1849 (his 25th birthday). She was born 13/January/1830, died 24/December/1872.
(ten children from this marriage)
Second marriage: Elizabeth Gover on 25/October/1876. She was born ???, died 5/August/1909. No issue.