I'm David Albert Albert, son of Harold. I believe you may have contacted my brother Daryl some years ago.
As with your father, Dad didn't speak much of his family.
The bits and pieces Dad passed on ( over years )
- Grandad was in Hardware. Fyi I obtained a job in Woolco Hardware Dept and Dad was so pleased he mentioned I was the 3rd generation in that line.
- There were relatives in Buffalo surname Alford. One being a bandleader. This one I believe is a credible lead. I did come across sheet music by Henry Alford when young. In a flea market last year I came across additional music circa 30-40's If you like I can photocopy and send on.
- Up to the 60's there may have been a surviving brother to Albert Harold in Cornwall. I recall a letter from the gentleman when young. Mum making a comment to the effect " Just like your father"
- There likely were cousins/relatives still inCroydon?/England when our fathers were children Dad mentioned he travelled to London when very young with his brother. The reason it came up was one of them got their head stuck in the fence railings.
- the only item Dad had from his father was a pocket watch.
- Dad left home at 14 yrs old. He never went in to reasons. Mum did mention he Dad very much upset Granma in this. Reading between the lines I don't think our father's family was a happy/ content family.