Here is the information that I have in my book, Allen Family History.It is taken directly from the book, pages 56 - 58.I have no connection to the Allens (at least not at this junction in my genealogical search.Hope it helps.Jacinda A. Gilliam
J132Charles Allen: first mentioned in Portsmouth, N. H., in 1657.When he came to America is not known.He was born about 1625 and died about 1705.He married in 1667 Suzanna Huggins, of Hampton, N. H.This was evidently the second marriage of Charles, for in a deed conveying his lands and property in Greenland, N. H., to Suzanna Huggins, and dated 1666, he refers to his daughter Marv. by a former wife.He had by his second wife -
(1) Daniel, date of birth unknown, who m. Hanna Berry prior to 1705.He d. Jan. 22, 1746.He had John (date of birth unknown, who was adopted by his uncle John Allen, in 1714.No record of his marriage, but he had Ruben, b. 1738; John, bapt. 1741), and Daniel Jr., date of birth unknown, married twice, first wift unknown, second was Lydia Hicks, and they were married prior to 1756.The children by the first wife are Suzannah, Sarah and Josiah, who was b. May 31, 1744, married, 1779, Bathsheba Nelson, of Newmarket, N. H., b. June 30, 1755.He d. at Epsom, N. H., 1821; served in the Revolutionary War.Josiah had Joseph, b. Mar. 11, 1781 (m., 1812, Mary Batchelder and d. Feb 22, 1863; no ch. shown); Josiah H., b. July 11, 1786 (m. Betsy Merrill and d. Mar. 11, 1869; no ch. shown); Ezra, b. July 17, 1790 (m., 1st, Feb. 10, 1814, Sarah M. Batchelder, of Deerfield; m. second, Sept. 6, 1849, Elizabeth Colby, of Hopkinton.He d. Dec. 31, 1865; no ch. shown), and others.
(2) John: had six ch. born at Durham, N. H.: William, Bridget, Nathan, Mary, Abigail and Martha.
(3) Charles: m. Joanna Scott, of Newbury, Mass., 1703; in 1744 he appears as a resident of Wells, Maine.Nothing further.
(4) Jude: m. Deborah ________ prior to 1726, and died prior to 1750.They had
(A) John Jr.
(B) Samuel: b. at Stratham, N. H., 1711; d. at Wakefield, N. H., 1808.He m. Annie Clark, b. 1714; d. June 5, 1789.They had
(c) Three unnamed children.
(d) Samuel, who was born at Stratham, N. H.; date unknown.He m. _______ Stockbridge and had
1. Samuel (b. 1772, d. at Parsonfield, Me., Sept. 2, 1842.M. Aug. 26, 1793, Mehitable York, who d. at Parsonfield, Me., July 4, 1863.This couple had John, Elijah, Henry, Samuel, Enoch and Ira.
2. Elijah (b. 1763, probably at Stratham, N. H.; d. Oct. 19, 1839, at Limerick, Me.He m. 1st Mehitable, dau. of Avery Hall, of Wakefield, N. H., who d. June 25, 1800, at Cornith, Vt.Me m. second, Mrs Hannah Perry at Limerick, Me., Oct. 27, 1806, and had by his first wife Theophilus Hall, Andrew Lee and Elijah Lorenzo Mortimer, b. Jan. 14, 1794, at Cornith, Vt., and who d. at Ellsworth, Me., Jan. 5, 1876.Married, May 4, 1823, Hepsibah B. Adams, of Ellsworth.She d. Sept. 29, 1846.He m., second, Mrs. Clarissa Jordan on Jan. 1, 1848.She d. Sept. 15, 1867.The children were all of the first marriage:Andrew Lee, b. May 12, 1824, d. Nov., 1850; m., June, 1848, Harriet S. Edwards; Daniel Mortimer, b. June 4, 1826, d. Aug. 12, 1865; John Quincy Adams, b. Apr. 12, 1828, d. July 9, 1835; Henry Clay, b. Nov., 9, 1829, who had Frank W. Allen; William H., b. Dec. 29, 1833, d. Apr. 26, 1874.Elijah (b. 1763) had by his second wife a dau.
(e) Abner: b. at Stratham, N. H., Feb. 28, 1748.He m., Nov. 13, 1770, Elizabeth, dau. of William Johnson and died at the home of Daniel M. Page in 1835.His ch. were David, Nancy, Lydia, James, Sarah and Mary.Nothing further concerning these children.
(D) Josiah: b. 1721, d. Aug. 11, 1799; his wife Mary d. 1794. No ch. named.
(E) Jethro: bapt. 1714; believed d. y.
(F) Eleazer: b. 1723.His first wife, not named, d. Aug. 11, 1750.He m., second, Deborah ______, who d. 1803.He d. 1782, at Deerfield, N. H.They had one dau., Deborah, who married ________ Ladd.