Hi Cheryl It may be a shot in the dark but sounds good so far. My Great Grandfather was supposedly born in Bay City, Michigan.I feel that he may have been born in Canada or perhaps Ireland as that is where I believe they originated.Your James Riley could have been his father as the timing would have been right, My James Riley also had a son named James William.Since there were both James and Williams involved who knows, it would be grand to finally find a connection. Could you send me the information on your Allens Gedcom perhaps and I could check it out I am not getting anywhere after 12 years.I have a lot coming off my James but can not go back from there.
These are two very elusive people my Greatgrand father, James Riley Allen,born Aug. 18 1863, supposedly in Bay City Mich.Died Nov 29 1947, Lansing Michigan Married to My Greatgrand Mother Cora Bell Carr,born May 20,1882 where-abouts unknown,married before 1905 location unknown. They had six Children 1. Almerian Winfield Scott Allen (born-Mar. 11, 1905) + Lillian Margaret Lettimore
2. Ruth Bell Allen (born-June 17, 1906)
3. Louise Bell Allen (born-Mar. 23 1910) + Nelson Coffey
4. Charles Steven Allen (born-July 13, 1915)
5. James William Allen (born-Feb. 20, 1916)
6. Walter S. Allen (born-Nov. 13, 1917) I can be reached at Misplaced3@aol.com. Thank you Sandra(Allen)Robinson