Just wanted to touch bases...Boy!Your postings are sure interesting.Don't I wish that I knew how to tie these Wilburn lines together.This Wilburn line of yours and mind connect somehow, somewhere...And that's about all that I can determine. They sure married into the same families..Allens is just one example.
I did want to share some tidbits for your consideration. I will number them because I really cannot put them into sequential order.
1. Bedford Co VA..Richard Wilburn appears on marriage records as Surety for Obediah Fultz and Martha Blankenship (1787)....(I don't know who his father is. I do have a hunch. But I do know that Robert Wilburn (who was a son of Richard Wilburn, later married the daughter of Obediah and martha in Carter KY in 1844.
2. This Robert Wilburn was the son of Richard Wilburn c (1717-1820) ...I am referring to the Robert who m Priscilla Fultz...This gets most confusing...But Richard Wilburn was in his sixties when Robert was born...And I do not believe that he was the Richard who signed the marriage bond in 1787.
3. I note Bedford, Va because Campbell Co Va emerged from Bedford, VA...and I am sure that these two Richard Wilburn families connect...Richard who m Nancy Matthews and the Richard who appears on 1787 marriage records...
4. Benjamin King is noted in Sussex Co VA...I forget how in connection with Wilburns...
5. I found an Andrew Wilburn in Harrison Co IN in 1850, and his family is interwoven with the Benjarmin King family of VA... Benjamin King was 80 years old in 1850...I have no idea if this is same Ben KIng?????I have no idea where Andrew Wilburn fits in...I cannot find him after 1850.
6. Lewis Wilburn (1770-after 1850) lived very near Burrell King and Benjamin KIng in Claiborne Co TN in 1830.
7. Lewis Wilburn (1770-after 1850) was the brother of Robert Wilburn, who m Priscilla Fultz...refer to #1..of Bedford Co VA...who must connect to Campbell Va Wilburns..
8. Robert Wilburn m to Priscilla Fultz Gullihue Wilburn named one son Edward Burrell Wilburn...Edward "Burrell" Wilburn m Nancy James in 1838 in Lee Co VA...
9. Elizabeth Wilburn (and I have long misplaced this record) of Limestone Co AL was noted in court records as being the daughter of John Wilburn descended of Goochland, VA...I forgot the year...before 1800...I believe that I found this record in Goochland, VA...
10. Richard Wilburn (b. 1717-1820) appears to be son of Richard Wilburn who died in Goochland, VA in 1756.
Anyhow, somehow these pieces all seem to connect these families, Your line of Wilburns and my own line. But back to how and when...??????
Any ideas????I have long been aware of the Sussex Va Wilburns, but just cannot find the links...for a long time, I did not think there were any...But am now convinced that there has to be..What do you think?