I believe I am onto something and wish to share my intuitive deducements, continuing from my earlier research into the Allen/Bunn family.
1)John B. Allen and Moses Allen were brothers living and farming in Alexandria Township, Hunterdon Co. NJ. on the property purchased by John B. Allen around 1800.An Elijah Allen also owned property in Hunterdon County NE of Alexandria Twp. in that time frame.
2) The 'B ' as John's middle name was for BALDWIN.I believe Elijah was their father and that their mother was Hannah Baldwin.
3) Of John's three baptised children at the German Reformed Church in Alexandria, the first was a son named ELIJAH, a second was a daughter, Mary, the third was HANAH.
4) Hannah Baldwins father was MOSES Baldwin.
5) Hannah Baldwin had a sister named Mary.
6) John was an 'Allen' name.
7) Both the Allen and Baldwin families 'went back' together a long ways, through more than one state and as in NJ, more than one county.