Hey Betty; As far as I have been able to trace back on my husband's Allens, with help from some distant cousins to my husband, has been back to; Thomas Jefferson "Jeff" Allen b. 1808 in South Carolina d. 1885 He was the first to be buried at the Tumbling Creek Cemetery in Polk Co., Tennessee. 1st marr. Mary Crawford 2nd marr. Susan Head on 17 Jan. 1858, by David Withrow (JP) b. abt. 1830 in South Carolina 3rd marr. Jane (maiden name unknown) b. abt. 1812 in South Carolina
Some of Thomas Jefferson "Jeff" Allen's children were; 1) Jesse Crawford Allen b. 1 Aug. 1835, South Carolina d. 12 Jan. 1912, Ducktown, Polk Co., Tennessee buried @ Zion Valley Cemetery, Parksville (AKA; Wireglass or Wiregrass), Tennessee marr. Anna/Annie Tanner marr. Jane A. Hedden marr. Nancy Heady marr. Arline Higdon
2) John Allen b. abt. 1838, South Carolina d. ?
3) Hannibal Allen b. 18 Apr. 1843, Ducktown, Tennessee d. 23 Mar. 1928, Iredell, Bosque Co., Texas
4) Thomas "Tom" Allen b. abt. 1837, South Carolina d. ?
5) Missouri Allen b. abt. 1856, South Carolina d. ?
6) May Allen b. abt. 1858, South Carolina d. ?
7) "G. W." George W. Allen b. bet. 1840-1843, South Carolina d. ?
8) James M. Allen b. abt. 1848, Tennessee d. ?
9) Catherine Allen b. abt. 1849, Georgia d. ? marr. (unknown) Chastain or Chasteen
I don't know which children belong to which mother, except for Jesse Crawford Allen & Hannibal Allen; their mother was Mary Crawford.
There may be other children, but I don't know.
Any help, addtions, or correction to this information, is more than welcomed.