The ALSPACH family is well known for having twins in their lines.My side of the family moved to Canada and we have lost touch with all relatives in the States.It is my wish to get in touch again by filling you in on my line of the ALSPACH familydating back as far as I know so I'll start there:
JOHANN ALSPACH1622 Adelboden,Bern,Switzerland - married Elisabetha ????
Children:1. Theodore A. ALSPACH
2. JOHAN HENRICH ALSPACH born1670 in Germany died Oct. 20, 1728 in Thalfroeschen, Pfalz, Bav - marriage:Anna Katherina STERNBERGER also born in 1670 in Germany.
Married in 1690 in Thaleischweiler, Germany
Children: 1.Elisabetha Katharina ALSPACH b. 1690 in Thaleischweiler, Germany
2. Anna Ursula ALSPACH b. Feb 1690/92 in Reischweiler, Germany
3. George ALSPACH b Nov. 4, 1694 in Germany
4.Matheis ALSPACH b Nov. 30, 1695 in Reischweiler
5.David ALSPACH b Nov. 30, 1695 in Reischweiler
6.Heinrich ALSPACH b. approx. 1699 in Reischweiler
7. Johannes ALSPACH b. Aug 2,1706 Reischweiler
8. Anna Eva ALSPACH b. Apr 24, 1709 Thaleischweiler
9. Hans George ALSPACH b. 1709 in Thaleischweiler
10. Reinhart ALSPACH b approx. 1710 in Thaleischweiler
NOTE: I am followingREINHART ALSPACHas he is the one that emigrated to the U.S. (ALSO KNOW AS REINHARDT ALLSBAUGH) - Died May 16, 1763 in Windsor Twp. Berks Co. PA
Reinhart is burried in St. Paul's, Hamburg, Berks Co.
He Immigrated Sept 11, 1738 on the Robert and Alice
NOW WE START OUR USA HISTORY:
Reinhart ALSPACH married Anna Magdalen BRANDSTETTER b. approx. 1714 Froschen, Germany (They married Mar. 29, 1737) in Bayern Pfaly, Thaleischweiler, Germany
1. Goerge b Nov. 30, 1737 in Hohmuhlbach, Germany
2.Henry Reinhardt ALSPACH b Sept 24, 1739 in Berks Co. PA
3.Phillip b. Dec. 15, 1742 in Berks Co.
4.Anna Catherine b. Nov. 21, 1743 in PA
5.Jacobb. Oct. 23, 1748 in Berks Co.
6.Michael b. 1748/49 in Windsor Twp, Berks Co. PA
7.Johannes b. Feb. 12 1748/49 Bayern Pfaly, Thaleischweiler, Bermany
8.Reinhard b. 1755 Berks Co.
9.Mary b. 1756 in Berks Co.
10.David b. Approx. 1758 in Berks Co.
NOTE:I will now follow (2)HENRY REINHARDT ALSPACH b. Sept. 24, 1739 - married Catherine STEIN who was born in 1748 Berks Co. PA.
Children:SEBASTIAN ALSPACH b. 1790 in Windsor Twp. Berks Co. PA died Jan 31 1864 in thornville, Perry Co. Ohio
1ST Elizabeth RUNKLE - b. 1792in Rockingham Co. VA
(married Nov. 24, 1809 in Fairfield Co. Ohio
Children:Henry ALSPACH born Oct. 13, 1810 Fairfield Co.
2nd Marriage:Christina ALSPACH b. Oct. 4, 1790 in Lohill, Northampton Co. PA
Married Christina January 13, 1812 in Fairfield Co.
1. Elias ALSPACH B. Aug. 10, 1812 in Fairfield
2. Anna Milly ALSPACH b. 1816
3. David ALSPACH b. 1817
4. Catherine ALSPACH B 1820
5. Frances ALSPACH b. 1823
6. Eli ALSPACH 1823
7. Elizabeth ALSPACH Feb 4, 1826
8. Silas ALSPACH b. Nov. 16, 1827
9. Margaret ALSPACH B. 1829
10. Charles ALSPACH b Approx. 1830
NOTE:I WILL NOW FOLLOW SEBASTIAN'S SON ELIAS ALSPACH:
Parents of Elias:Sebastian and Christina ALSPACH
ELIAS ALSPACH married MARY MAGDALENE PALMER (Mary Magdalene b. Jun. 19, 1815 in Berkley Co. W. VA married Sebastian Jan 2, 1838 in Perry Co. Ohio
1. Sebastian Bosch ALSPACH b. Jan 22,1839 Van Wert Co. Ohio
2.Christian ALSPACH b. Jul 16, 1841
3.Charles Marion ALSPACH Jul. 20, 1843
4. Christiana ALSPACH b. Aug 1845
5. Serepta ALSPACH b. Mar. 15, 1848
6.William ALSPACH b. Jun 13, 1851
7. Mary Ellen ALSPACH b. Dec. 13, 1854
8. Lucy Elizabeth ALSPACH b. May 21, 1858
NOTE:I WILL NOW FOLLOW CHARLES MARION ALSPACH (My Great Grandfather) who married BARBARA ANN MCCABE (shew was born Jan 17, 1850.
1.James ALSPACH b 1875 moved to Canada early 1900's - died of Cancer approx 1933 Nanton, Alberta Canada
2.Myrtle ALSPACH B. 1876
3.Estella ALSPACH b. 1876
4.Grace E. ALSPACH b Sept. 22, 1980Van Wert Co. Ohio
5.Gertrude ALSPACH b. Sept. 22, 1980
6. Margaret ALSPACH B. Feb. 18, 1882
7.William Silas ALSPACH b. June 8, 1884?
8. Ellen S. ALSPACH b. Sept. 1, 1883
9. Charles Marion ALSPACH b. Apr. 4, 1884
10. Joseph W. ALSPACH b. 1887
NOTE: I will follow WILLIAM SILAS ALSPACH's line as he was my Grandfather.
He moved to Alberta, Canada in the early 1900's with his brother James.He married EUNICE KATHERINE LOVEALL b. Oct. 31, 1896 in Clay County, Van Buren Township near Brazil, Indiana.Eunice came to Canada in 1920 and married William in 1920.
William ALSPACH b. 1921 killed by drunk driver in 1933
Lucy Ann ALSPACH b. 1922 passed away in Australia Feb. 22, 1963
LUCY ANN ALSPACH married WILLIAM DAVID JAMES WORKMAN in 1946 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1. David James Michael Workman(3 boys: Michael Scott, Christopher and Stephen)
2. Louise Ann Workman (boys: David & Jeffrey)
3. Susan Leah Workman (now Sue Klassen)
4. William Louis Workman (Jordan, Leah & Teresa)
That brings us up to date with myself as Sue Klassen - no children.