While I have no absolute proof, I believe that Williams’s parents were probably William Amazeen (B. abt 1798) and Susan Meloon (B: abt 1803) who were married on October 21, 1820.This William died at sea in October 1847on the ship Inez near the Isle of Sable off the coast of Nova Scotia and Susan re-married to a Nathaniel Stevenson on September 16, 1849 in Portsmouth.The supporting points for this speculation are:
1. While the dates given in the 1850, 1860 and 1870 census for both William H. And Eurania Jane are confusing, it is likely that William H. was born between 1824-1826, making him about 4-6 years old in the 1830 census.I favor the 1824 date, making him about 6 years old.
2. The only Amazeens with male children in the 0-10 age range in the 1830 census are as follows:
a. Abraham Amazeen & Sarah Ann Tucker: 1 boy age 5-10.This is William E. Amazeen who was lost at Sea on the Balermaner near Prince Edward Island on October 3, 1851.
b. John Amazeen & Jane White: 1 boy age 5-10.This is the only other logical possibility for the parents of William H.I do not know who this boy is.He is on the 1840 census age 15-20.
c. William Amazeen & Jane Jones Amazeen: 2 boys.1 < 5 and 1 age 5-10, these are Henry Clay Amazeen (B: December 4, 1829) and Thomas Oliver Amazeen (B: March 14, 1820)
d. William Amazeen & Susan Meloon: 3 boys.2 < 5 and 1 age 5-10.One of the boys < 5 is John S. Amazeen (B. abt. 1828) which leaves 1 boy < 5 and 1 boy age 5-10.I think that one of these boys is William H. Amazeen (Probably the one age 5-10).The other one < 5 appears to be on the 1840 census as age 5-10 from which I would speculate that he was born in early 1830 and is not William H.I do not know who this boy is although I suspect that he died before 1849.
In addition, I have made some annotations to your note below.If any of my information above is in error or you can fill in any of the missing information, please let me know.
Known facts about the William H. Amazeen who married Urania J. Richards:
1. Newcastle Town Records, Vol. 3—William H. Amazeen of Newcastle married Urana J. Richards of Dover on Oct. 28, 1847
2. 1850 Census—Wm. (age 26) and Urana J. (25) Amazeen living in Newcastle with Clara J. (3) and Sarah S. (1)
3. 1860 Census—William H. (34) and Urania J. (32) Amazeen living in Portsmouth with Clara J. (12), Sarah L. (11), George H. (8), Abel L. (6) and Abba M. (2)
4. 1870 Census—William (40) and Jane (38) Amazeen living in Greenland with George H. (18), Abel L. (16), Emma F. (13), Abbie M. (7) and Grace B. (2)
5. May 1871—William Amazeen, who was born in Newcastle, died in Farmington (is this him?)
No – this is the William Amazeen who married Jane Jones Amazeen
6. 1880 Census—Urana Amazeen (53), a widow, was living in Durham with George H. (27), Mary A. (17) and Grace V. (11)
7. Dec. 14, 1887—Urana A. Amazeen died in Durham, age 62 years and 9 months