Seeking information on Joseph ANDERSON ? >VA > SC > Randolph Co., IL (born: ? 1750's died: April 4, 1806 in Illinois - killed by Indians) May be Scotch/Irish, but that's a big guess! Buried in IL - Preston Cemetery married: Mary (surname unknown) about 1770-75 in (possibly) Abbeville, SC area. Mary died: 1810 in IL.
Joseph and Mary ANDERSON had at least 6 children:
1) Catherine ANDERSON (born: abt 1772, died: July 1822) m. Gregory CAUDEL in SC
2) Mary ANDERSON (born: abt 1773 in SC, died: 6 January 1834) married: Joseph LIVELY
3) Marjorie (Margery) ANDERSON (born: abt 1775-78, SC, died: abt 1831, IL) married twice
(marriage #1) 1797 in SC to Robert PARKER who died 1805, he's buried in Abbeville, SC; they had 2 children: (1) James P. PARKER (born: 1800 in Abbeville, SC, died single) and (2) Rebecca PARKER (born:1798 in Abbeville, SC, died Nov 10, 1869 in St. Clair County, IL Rebecca married: July 31, 1819 to Francis Burdette GREEN they lived in Illinois. Francis Burdette GREEN and Rebecca (My gggparents) both buried in Marissa Township, St. Clair County, IL
(Marriage #2) 1809 in IL to John Porter LIVELY (Joseph LIVELY’s brother- i.e. Marjorie’s brother-in-law) Then they had 3 more LIVELY children: (1) Hugh LIVELY born: 1812 married: Mary TETER, (2) Mary LIVELY born: 1809 married:Mathew LESSLEY, (3) Martha LIVELY born: 1810 died : December 17, 1865 married: Isaac RAINEY. Marjorie and John LIVELY then buried Lively, Il, Randolph County, Cemetery
4) Amos ANDERSON (born:1783 in SC , died: 20 Nov 1854 in Perry Co., IL) married: Tabitha MARLOW (born: ? died: 20 Feb 1862 in IL) He moved to IL between 1810 and 1820.
5) Jane ANDERSON b:? d:?
6) Margaret ANDERSON b:? d:?
Joseph ANDERSON served in Artillery in the Revolutionary War in VA, TN, KY, IL under Colonel George Rogers Clark (commencing June 1779 until December 1781) throughout Col. Clark’s various campaigns against English Forts. (Documented in "Kentucky Historical Society" by Margery Heberling Harding titled "George Rogers CLARK and his Men - Military Records, 1778-1784"). Later Joseph ANDERSON traveled so often between Abbeville, SC and Randolph Co., Illinois (in late 1780's-90’s) that he may have been one of the leaders of the Westward land migration. (i.e. of veterans going west claiming "Revolutionary War Veteran" bounty land )
Three major questions and loads of minor ones :
(1) Who are Joseph ANDERSON’s parents? where from?
(2) What was his wife, Mary ANDERSON’s surname and any kin?
(3) Who were Francis Burdette GREEN parents or kin?
Any assistance, however slight, would be appreciated.