Thought I would share some records I have of the Andre dit St.Amand family from the Montreal area in Quebec.This family went early to Montreal and fanned out from there, many continuing west into the US in WI, MN, MI, etc.
Louis Andre dit St.Amand was the son of Jacques and Jeanne Vivier of the diocese of Xaintes in France. He married Marie Anne Janson orSamson, dau of Pierre and Catherine Joubert, at Lachine, Quebec on 20 Feb 1730. They had son Thomas Louis Andre who married Francoise Leger, dau of Charles Leger and Francoise Leduc, on 11 Jan 1762 at Ste. Anne de Bellevue, Montreal. Thomas and Francoise Leger had the following children:
1. Paul, married Genevieve Rochbrune/LaRoquebrune, on 13 Oct 1794 at Vaudreuil
Paul and Genevieve had the following children:
1. Francoise, who married Francois Sauve dit Laplante on 25 Oct 1819 at St. Benoit
2.Joseph who married Anne Legault on 6 Oct 1834 at St. Benoit
3.Justine who married Joachim Mallet on 9 Aug 1824 at St. Benoit
Thomas Jr, son of Thomas and Francoise, m Marguerite Rochbrune on 2 Feb 1795 at Oka, Deux Montagnes.
Thomas Jr. and Marguerite Rochbrune had the following children:
1. Basile, who married first Euphrosine Sabourin on 1 Mar 1824 at St. Benoit and m 2nd Scholastique Mallette on 11 Oct 1830 at St. Benoit, Deux Montagnes.
2. Francoise, who married Francois Sauve dit Laplante on 25 Oct 1819 at St. Benoit
3. Suzanne, who married Joseph Lalonde on 19 Jan 1818 at St. Benoit.
4. Victoire Eulalie, who married Lous Mallette on 5 Mar 1821 at St. Benoit
5. Magdeleine who married Joseph Sauve dit Laplante Jr.
Possibly another 3 children belong to this family:Theotiste who married Francois Sauve; Leandre who married Cecile Danis/Dany; and Joseph who married Marie Etienne Legault.
Thomas who married Marguerite had a brother Leandre and Leandre had a son Philibert who married first Delphine James/Gemmes dit Carriere; second Zoe Gauthier on 22 July 1839 at St. Benoit.I don't have any more information on Leandre.
There was also an Ignace St.Amant of Ile Perrot who married Marie Louise Tourangeau on 7 April 1761 at Oka, Deux Montagnes.They had the following children:
1. Agnes, who m Augustin Brisebois on 10 Nov 1788 at Ste. Genevieve, Montreal
2. Marie Amable, who m Pierre Mallet on 12 Feb 1781 Ste. Gen. Montreal
3. Louis, who married Charlotte Sabourin on 7 Jan 1782 at Ste. Anne de Bellevue
4. Jean, who married Ursule Sabourin on 28 Oct 1799 Ste. Anne de Bellevue
5. Suzanne, who m Antoine Brazeau on 26 Jan 1790 at Ste. Genevieve, Montreal
No parents for this Ignace were given in the extract of the marriage record which appears in Loiselle.