This posting has information and questions about the family of the Edmund Keely who married Louisa A. Battle in the 1800’s
Henry Keely, (also 'Keeley' & 'Kiely'), was born Sept 18,1788 and died May 15, 1845. He married Rebecca Streeper (1791-1876), (I've also seen her name spelled 'Strieper'). The wedding was on Mar 9, 1818 in Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. I know of 3 boys produced by this couple - Edmund, Samuel Streeper & Mark.
Edmund Keely, (also 'Edmond' & 'Edmand'), was born Apr 25, 1819, (I'm not sure where), and died Jan 16, 1892 in Gibson County, Tennessee. He married Louisa A. Battle (b1833) on Oct 12, 1853 in Gibson County, Tennessee. This couple and a number of their children are buried in the Keely Cemetary in Gibson County, Tennessee. There is one boy of theirs, Mark Henry Keely, who died in 1855 and I assuming that he died as a child. One girl buried there, Anastina, is listed as their daughter, died in 1933 and her stone is inscribed like "Not forgotten while her loving brother lives". So I conclude that there is another son produced by Edmund and Louisa. I assume that that brother is S.E. Keely who seems to have died Aug 2, 1936 and is the last Keely buried in the same cemetary, (but with an uninformative gravestone).
Samuel Streeper Keely was born July 2, 1822 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and died Jan 13, 1899 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He married Jane McFadden (1825-1886), on Jan 1, 1844 in Manyunk, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.
Mark Keely, (also 'Keeley'),(the son of Henry and Rebecca), was born either 1824 or 1826 in Montgomery, Pennsylvania and died July 30, 1850 in Lafayette Hill, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, (he would have then been in his early 20s).
The incompleteness of this information raises several questions for me:
1) Well, first of all, if anybody sees something incorrect above, please let me know.
2) Who were the parents of this Henry Keely?
3) Where was this Henry born and where did he die ?
4) Any other children for Henry and Rebecca ?
5) Where was Edmund Keely born ?
6) When did Edmund's wife, Louisa A. Battle, die ?
7) What does the "A" in Louisa A. Battle's name stand for ?
8) What was the birthdate for their child Mark Henry Keely ?
9) Who was this S.E. Keely ?
10) Any other children for Edmund and Louisa ?
11) Any children for Samuel Streeper Keely and Jane McFadden ?
12) Can anyone provide a firmer birthdate for Mark Keely and did he marry and/or have any children before he died ?