After doing a good bit of research on the family of William Henry and Eleanor Key Benson, here is what I have found on their thirteen children:
1. Nancy Benson (17 Jan 1774 - 26 Nov 1867) m. Col. Eaton Walker (ca.1752-1818).She and her seven children removed to Perry Co., AL, shortly after Eaton's drowning.She is buried in the Walker Cemetery, Perry Co., AL.
2. Gabriel Benson (ca. 1775 - 30 July 1838) m. Rosanna Hunt (25 Jan 1795 - 12 Aug 1844).He was a Sheriff of Spartanburg District and a federal collector of internal revenue.They removed to Perry Co., AL, around 1818, and there, Gabriel served in the Alabama legislature and as first judge of the Perry County Court.Gabriel and his wife are buried in the Benson Cemetery, Perry Co., AL.Nine children.
3. Willis Benson (27 Dec 1777 - 22 Feb 1865) m. Frances Edward Stokes (6 May 1800 - 10 Feb 1874).Willis was a wealthy planter in Greenville District, SC, and is buried there in the Benson Cemetery.Ten children.
4. Abner Benson (1779-21 Oct 1836) m. Elizabeth Dawkins (d. 25 June 1829).Abner was Clerk of Spartanburg District and Postmaster of Spartanburg, but removed to Union District, SC, in the 1820s after marrying a Congressman's daughter.This wife, unfortunately, died shortly thereafter, as did their twin daughters, and in the early 1830s Abner removed to Perry County, AL.He died when the mill dam of his Tuscaloosa Manufacturing Co., of Centreville, AL, gave way, and is buried in the Benson Cemtery, Perry Co., AL.
5. James Key Benson (20 Apr 1780 - 28 Aug 1867) m. Lucy Drake (26 Mar 1790 - 16 Jan 1864).He first settled in Union District, ca. 1805, and from there served in the War of 1812.A Federal surveyor in Alabama, he and his family settled in that state, Butler Co., around 1817, where he was a Justice of the Peace and Postmaster.He is buried in the Benson Cemetery, Butler Co., AL.
6. Rebecca Benson (ca. 1782 - bef. 1837) m. Ignatius Stokes (d. 1836).They removed to Jasper Co., GA, around 1812, and are buried there.Four children.
7. Robert Benson (ca. 1784 - 1813).Died in Spartanburg District.Never married.
8. Thirza Benson (1786 - aft 1850) m. Jeremiah Gregory (1785 - aft 1850).They removed to St. Clair Co., AL, around 1819.Two children.9. Elizabeth Benson (d. bef 1837) m. John Stokes (ca. 1777 - aft 1850).They removed to Greene Co., AL, and had seven children...................TO BE CONTINUED, BELOW, IN A FOLLOWING MESSAGE.