You sure didn't give us much to go on. Skimpy on dates, places, etc.
There is a family near Ripley, TN, in the latter part of the 1800s. They may be related to yours in some way. Here is a snippit from my vol 6 (in progress).
82. Jacob Beshears/Brashears Sr, (s/o John Brashears and Mary Berry), b. 1800, also lived in White and Lawrence Counties, Tennessee; Tishomingo, Co, MS; and Obion/Lake Co, TN.
He married at the age of 17, but his wife, ?Lucy _____, died in White Co, TN, c1834, and he contracted with a neighbor to keep his children, presumably while he relocated.His brother, Isaac, had died in 1830, leaving 2 boys and a girl, whom Jacob was supposed to take care of.Jacob left Isaac's sons, Isaac Jr and George, and his own daughters with a man in White Co, TN, while he relocated.He remarried and retrieved his daughters and nephews before the 1840 Census of Lawrence Co, TN.George and Isaac, orphans of Jacob's brother, Isaac, seem to have been in Tishomingo Co, MS, with him.
Memorandum of a contract made and entered into between Hartwell Scruggs of the one part and Jacob Beshears of the other part, both of the County of White and State of Tennessee; the said Beshears sells to the said Scruggs one bay filly, one blind mare, two beds and furniture, and some other household and kitchen furniture, all that the said Beshears had, and all the farming tools that he had at this time and what corn he has now in the crib and one cow and calf and two heifers.For this property, the said Scruggs binds himself to keep and support six children, two boys George and Isaac Beshears and four daughters, Lucy, Martha, Elizabeth, and Mary Beshears.The said Scruggs to keep the four girls until they become free or married.If the said Beshears takes a notion to marry he then takes the two boys George and Isaac Beshears if he wants them.As witness our hands and seals...(White Co, TN, Court Minutes for 19 Dec 1834; thanks to Faye Breshears for a xerox copy; for some reason, we did not get the page of witnesses.)
After making this deal, says Norman Parks, Jacob and his two older sons, Thomas J, age 17, and Henry, age 10, removed to Lawrence Co, TN.The two sons rode one horse, double.In Lawrence Co, Jacob m.2. a 14-year-old girl, Gillia _____, in 1840. (She's 37 in 1850; 34 in 1860)
Jacob Brashers, is on the 1836 Tax List of Lawrence Co, TN, no acres mentioned; District #5 (south-central section of the county)
1840 Census of Lawrence Co, TN: p.121: Jacob Brashers (000111-11211)30-40, b. 1800-1810.He apparently has his daughters back, as well as a new one.His son, Thomas J. and his wife, may be in the household also.
About 1840-41, Jacob and Gillia moved to Tishomingo Co, MS (1850 Census #498, p. 37, between T.J. Brashers and Henry Brashers), where two(?) more children were born, Melinda and Jacob Jr.In the fall of 1855, Jacob moved to Obion Co, TN (1860 Census, p.178, Dist #4) and lived on Madrid Bend of the Mississippi River, now in Lake County.He died there in 1864.
Family of Jacob Beshears Sr and his first wife, ?Lucy:
336. 91. *Thomas Jefferson Brashers, b. c1817 (33 in 1850); d. 1877; m.1. Nancy ?Law; m.2. Mrs. Sarah (Brashears) Gibson, d/o Middleton Brashears the Younger, of Stoddard Co, MO, and widow of John Gibson.Seven children, see below.
337. 92. *Henry Boshears, b. c1822 (28 in 1850), d. 1865; m. 24 Aug 1840, in Lawrence Co, TN, Tabitha Stewart, b. c1826, TN, d/o William Pemberton Stewart and Martha Green... per "Rosebud" ; Eleven children, see below.
338. 93. Lucinda Beshears,
339. 94. Elizabeth "Betts" Beshears, b. c1830 (20 in 1850), d. 1878; m. Wiley Smith
340. 101. Will Smith, b. c1858
341. 102. Martha Smith, b. c1861
342. 103. Nancy Smith, b. c1864; m. _____ Russell
343. 11x. Pearl Russell; m. _____ Kelty
344. 104. Sally Smith, b. c1865
345. 105. John Smith, b. c1868
346. 95. Martha "Marth" Beshears, b. c1831 (19 in 1850); m. 1856, James McCue
347. 101. John McCue,
348. 102. Wash McCue,
349. 103. Bill McCue,
350. 104. Mary McCue,
351. 105. Mattie "Matt" McCue, b. c1871; m. _____ Everett
352. 11x. Iona May Everett
353. 106. Sarah McCue,
354. 96. Mary Mathena Brashears, b. c1833, KY; lived with grandparents, John and Mary Brashears, of Lawrence Co, TN, in 1850.
Family of Jacob Beshears and his second wife, Gillia:
355. 97. Mary Ann Beshears, b. c1838 (12 in 1850)
356. 98. *Jacob Beshears Jr. b. TN c1840 (10 in 1850); b. MS 1842 acc. N.Parks
357. 99. Melinda Beshears, b. 1841 (9 in 1850, Census says "Adaline")
Hope this helps, and if you find anything to add to or correct my data, please send it on,
26 Tiffany Place
Santa Rosa, CA 95409