On the 1851 census of Studholm Parish in Kings Co.,New Brunswick, the family was listed as Dutch farmers.
Biggar Ridge: In Aberdeen Parish located between the communities of Argle and Juniper originally the eastern part of the town of Foreston. The first settler in East Foreston was William Alfred Biggar, who arrived in 1870 from Smith Creek, Kings County, with his wife, the former Susan Harrington, and son. William Biggar was joined by his parents, John Biggar Sr. and the former Elizabeth Dobson, and his brothers Joshua Melbourne Biggar, and John Wesley Biggar between 1871 and 1872. By 1874, were Richard Mann, from Argyle, William F. Curtis, from Bangor, Maine, Thomas and William Emery - brothers from Williamstown, Daniel Hayden of PEI, and John & Samuel Huggard from Kings County had settled. Reference: History of Foreston by Herbert Neil Bradley co-writer, Jack Biggar.