My great Grandfather was John Alfred Blomquist, born in Stockholm, Sweden in 1843; died Dec. 9th 1915 in Buffalo, New York. He was a Plant Superintendent for Standard Oil Company. He had a wife Sarah A. and 2 sons Frank and Charles (my grandfather). He also had a brother in Sweden, at the time of his death his brother (name unknown) had just retired as a General in the King's Bodyguard. (this info comes from his obituary).
I have come across other documents that is not all that legible, all the following names have dates from the 1800's associated with them.
- Sarah Jane; (John's Wife) Born 1857 - died 1937
- Mary Elizabeth; born 1880- died 1882
- Straus Oscar; born 1878 - died 1949
- Charles William; born 1883 - died 1885
- John William; born 1885 - died 1888
- Charles Ludwig; (my grandfather) born 1887 date of death was in the 50's
I have come across other family documents with names W.W. Blomquist and also M.A. Blomquist
I don't know if this is any relation, but I hope it might be helpful. If you make anything of this, let me know