Hello, Darla Miller,
Just ran across your query recently. This is the first opportunity I've had to answer it. It is quite probable you have already received the following information on your Jesse Dee "Dock" Bozarth of DeKalb Co, TN. Jesse served on the Confederate side during the Civil War in Company K of the 16th Tennessee Regiment. He is shown in the 1880 Census of DeKalb Co, TN - District #14 - page 2 - #61 as follows:J.D. Bozarth, 35; Sarah, 32; Henry 12; Ned, 7; with Jula Roberson, 15, listed as a boarder.
Children of Levi Bozarth, Jr. (ca1822-ca1856) and Sarah Walker Allen are:
1. Jesse Dee "Dock" Bozarth - b. 11 Jan 1845, DeKalb Co, TN; d. 6 Nov 1918, DeKalb Co, TN, bur. Anderson Cem; m. Sarah Robinson ca 1864. Sarah b. 9 Oct 1846 / d. 12 Oct 1924.
2. Nathan Brown Bozarth - b. 4 Jul 1849, DeKalb Co, TN; d. 19 Sep 1909, Caldwell Co, TX; bur. McManon Cem; m. 18 Dec 1878, DeKalb Co to Mattie Martin, d/o Matthew T. Martin
3. Angeline G. Bozarth - b. 1 Dec 1852, DeKalb Co; d. 15 Jan 1907, Mongtomery Co, TX, m. 14 Jul 1872, DeKalb Co to James Monroe "Trubs" Bozarth, s/o James Bozarth and Eleanor (?) Strong
4. George Ringold Bozarth - b. 26 Feb 1853, Smithville, TN; d. 22 May 1923, Amber, Grady Co, OK; m. Mary Rachel Roberts (1858-1987), d/o Andrew J. Roberts and Louisa A. Harris.
5. Sarah Levi Bozarth - b. 27 Oct 1856, DeKalb Co, TN; d. 9 Sep 1925, DeKalb Co, TN; bur. Anderson Cem; m. 3 Nov 1875, DeKalb Co to William M. Medlin (1853-1921)
Jesse "Dock" Bozarth line of descent runs: Levi Bozarth, Jr5 and Sarah Walker Allen, Levi Bozorth4 and Sarah Pierce; Joseph Bozorth3 and Elizabeth ______, John Bozorth2 and Innocent Borden, and Simon Bozorth1 and Mary Mason / Marson. I have family sheets for all the above.
It is interesting to know that Jesse worked on the docks along the Cumberland River in Nashville. I was not aware of that. I would be very interested in learning more about your Jesse's line and exchanging family sheets with you on his family and descendents.
Look forward to hearing from you.
VirJean Potter Bozarth // email@example.com