I have managed to trace a line on my mother's side and seem to have hit a brick wall with what I have to work with.
I know Amandley was born around December of 1849 in Connecticut. I don't know his parent's names. He married Harriet North on October 6, 1872. They had seven children, one who died in infancy. They lived in New York from at least 1880 through 1930.
I can't seem to pick up Amandley's trail prior to his marriage. He is mentioned in two different genealogy texts which follow both sides of his wife's family (the North and Reed families) so I can trace that side, for some reason Amandley haunts me. I would love to trace further back. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Amandley's name may be mis-spelled. In searching various census records I've seen it come up as Amandly, Manley, Amand-ly, etc. The family shows up not only in US census's but also in New York State census between 1880 and 1930 According to the census records, Amandley was a roofer by trade prior to the 1920.
His children: (1) Lillian May, b. Sept. 2, 1873; m. Mar. 29, 1896, Frederick A. Morro.
(2) Minnie Estelle, b. Nov. 14, 1876; m. June 15, 1898, Alfred P. Thomas.
(3) George Alson, b. April 15, 1880; m. May 15, 1904, Catharine Tierney. (This is the line I descend from.)
(4) Viola Elizabeth, b. April 23, 1883; m. Aug. 7, 1904, Walter L. Milnor.
(5) Hattie Minnette, b. Mar. 2, 1886; m. Sept. 5, 1915, William R. Wilkins.
(6) Amandley b. June 2, 1889; d. Mar. 12, 1891.
(7) Adele Florence, b. Mar. 12, 1893; m. April 2, 1916, Hugh M. Reed.