Are you still chasing the tree after all these years. Its been five since you made the posting so I hope your still watching this site. Zona Bell Barton appearsto be my Great grandmas sister.I would like some on Zona Lois Wagner also. Some of what I have is:
Husband:James Nathaniel Barton b.1853/54 Walker Co Alabama d.1920s in Lincoln Co.Oklahoma according to my grandpa(Lewis Reed Deceased). bd.Lamdin Cemetery outside of Prague,Lincoln Co Oklahoma(no head stone and by word of mouth of Lewis Reed)
His Father: James AllenBarton His mother: Celia Ann Brock (Both raised around Walker Co Alabama)
Wife 1: Margaret Oakley (Oakley is from Julia barton's Calif death index posting-rootsweb.) I don't know why they are seperated but he isn't with her in the 1900 Roger's mills Co.Okla Census. The daughters are all with Sarah Jane and her husband
1) Sarah Jane Barton b. 1876Alabama d. 25 Feb 1900 Sayre, Beckham Co. Okla md. 14 Feb 1892 Fortsmith Dist. Sebastion Co Ark Thomas Rafel Nelson/Nilson bd. Buffalo Cemetery Sayre,Beckham Co.Okla
2) Mary E. Barton b. 1879Alabama d.
Wife 2:Missouri Gregory b. 1871 Alabama d. 1920s Lamdin,Lincoln Co.Okla (According to Lewis Reed, my grandpa.) bd. Lamdin Cemetery,Prague Lincoln Co.Okla md. 27 July 1884 Howell Co.Missouri.
1) Julia Ann Barton b. 24 Sep 1885 Indian Territory d. 17 April 1962 San Joaquin California md.4 Sep 1901 Olden, Howell Co. Missouri George Washington Boatman bd.
Note: Died of Cancer
2) Ada Luella Barton b.3 Oct 1886 Indian Territory (Near present day Hartshorne, Pittsburgh Co.Okla) d.31 Oct 1976 Prague, Lincoln Co. Oklahoma md. 14 Jan 1905 Prague,Lincoln Co.Oklahoma George Branson Mitchell
3) Zona Belle Barton b. 18 Jul 1889 Red Oak,Latimer Co.Oklahoma d. 10 Nov 1979 Springfield, Greene Co.Missouri md. 21 Feb 1906 Westplains, Howell Co.Missouri Alvin Taylor Wagner/Wagonner/Wagoner.
4) Bertha/Birtha May Barton b. 21 Apr 1890 Indian Territory d. Nov 1972 Hobart, Kiowa Co.Oklahoma md. reportedly never married.
I was told that Julia's Obituary reads that there is another step sister, Laura Parker, but I'm not sure how she fits into the family. Did Missouri have her prior to marrying James N Barton or didMargaret Oakley remarry and have a child.I don'tknow if they divorced or if she died. They were together in the 1880 census of Sebastion Co.Arkansas. Then as stated above the girls were raised by Thomas Nelson and Sarah Jane Barton until Sarah's untimely death in 1900 shortly after that census. Moses Barton,a brother to James N Barton, lived near them inboth the 1880 and 1900 census.
I have a little more info if you will contact meby e-mail.