William B Burton was born 1 May 1886 in Glen Rose, Somervell Co., Texas. William married Ruth Ann McCully 4 Sept 1906 in Ochiltree Co., Texas. Ruth was born 13 Jan 1885 in Johnson or Commanche Co., Texas. She was the daughter of James M McCully and Martha Wilson. Ruth died 5 Jan 1941 in Texas Co., Oklahoma. William died 11 Dec 1943 at Liberal, Seward Co., Kansas.
State of Texas, Ochiltree County, ss:To any Judge of the County or District Court, Regularly Licensed or Ordained Minister of the Gospel, or Justice of the Peace, in and for said County of Ochiltree Greeting:You are Hereby Authorized to Solemnize the Rites of Matrimony between Mr. W. B. Burton and Miss Ruth McCully, and make due return to the Clerk of the County Court of said County, within Sixth days thereafter, certifying your actions under this License.Witness my official signature and seal of office, at office in Ochiltree this 4th day of September A.D. 1906.Jas. H. Whippo Clerk of the county Court, Ochiltree County.By J. F. Klapp, Deputy.I William A. Derrick, hereby certify that on the Fourth day of Sept. A. D. 1906, I united in Marriage Mr. W. B. Burton and Miss Ruth McCully the parties above named.Witness my hand this the Fourth day of Sept. A.D. 1906.William A. Derrick, M. G.Returned and filed for Record this 5th day of Sept. A.D. 1906.Jas. H. Whippo, County Clerk.J. F. Klapp, Deputy.
Obituary:Wm. Bevley Burton, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Marcus Burton was born at Glen Rose, Texas, May 1, 1885 and departed this life at the Liberal hospital Saturday A. M. December 11, 1943 at the age of 57 years, 7 months and 10 days.During early manhood he was converted and united with the Baptist Church.He was ordained to the Deaconship in 1935 and served in that capacity till death came.In 1906 he filed on a homestead near Grand Valley, Oklahoma.In the same year, September 4 he was united in marriage to Ruth McCulley at Ochiltree, Texas.To this happy union was born seven children, Mrs. Oscar Doshier and Mrs. Marlin Hale, of Hardesty, Mrs Carol McClenagan of Satanta Kansas, Dossie of Bremerton Washington, Audley of Los Angeles California, Mrs. Arbrie Daniel of Corvallis Oregon and Gurden of the U.S. Army located in Hawaii, all of which were here except Gurden.Will was a kind father and a devoted husband to his wife, Ruth who preceded him in death January 5, 1941.He leaves to mourn his passing his seven children, two brothers and three sisters, Mrs. B. H. Wilson, Mrs. Cloa Watson and Mrs. Mary Zachary, O. L. Burton and Francis Burton, several grandchildren, other relatives and a host of friends.We think of him still as the same today.He is not dead, he is just away.
Obituary:Ruthie Ann McCully was born to James and Martha McCully on Jan. 13, 1885, in Commanche County, Texas, and departed this life Jan. 5, 1941, at the age of 55 years, 11 months and 22 days.She accepted Christ as her savior during a revival meeting held by the Morton Sisters in 1916, later in 1926 she united with the Baptist church of Camrick of which she was a faithful member up until she was called to her heavenly home.She was united in marriage to W. B. Burton on September 4, 1906, and to this union was born seven children, all of whom she leaves to mourn her going, Mrs. Oscar Doshier and Mrs. Marlin Hale, both of Hardesty, Okla., Mrs Babe McClenagan of Gruver Texas, and Dossie, Audley, Martha and Gurden all of Hardesty, Okla.She also leaves her husband W. B. Burton of Hardesty, and two brothers E. V. McCully and F. T. McCully both of Guymon and two sisters, Mrs. O. A. Sutton of Hardesty and Mrs. J. S. Burton of Guymon also five grandchildren, one sister Mrs. Bob Whinery preceding her in death.Ruth will be missed in the church she loved.She was ever ready to serve her master in encouraging the weak and winning souls for Christ.She was sweet and patient during her illness of many months.She went to be with her Savior with the consolation that she would meet her husband and children over there.Even now as we say goodbye we shall cherish our memories of her as we say: She is not dead, She is just away.
The children of William B and Ruth A Burton were:
1) Myrtle Lois Burton Doshier, b. 16 April 1908 Grand Valley Oklahoma, d. 7 Jan 2003.Married on30 March 1934 to Oscar William Doshier (19 Oct. 1904 - 1 Aug. 1996) son of John William Doshier (1968 - 1945) & Edna Lee (Godley) Doshier (1866 - 1917).
2) Molsie Cleo Burton Hale, b. 10 Dec 1909 Grand Valley Oklahoma, d. 19 July 1988.Married on 15 Aug. 1930 to Marlin Hale (22 Aug. 1908 - 4 Jan. 1995) son of William A. Hale (1862 - 1940) & Emma (White) Hale (1865 - 1944).
3) Ona Lorene Burton McClenagan, b. 28 Sept 1911 Grand Valley Oklahoma, d. 19 Jan 2003.Married on 28 March 1937 to Carroll Dean "Babe" McClenagan (1912 - March 1946) son of Frence McClenagan & Sudie McClenagan.
4) Dossie Obed Burton, b. 11 Sept 1912 Grand Valley Oklahoma, d. 20 March 1988.Married on 15 June 1942 to Delta Winfrey (3 Dec. 1915) daughter of Johnny S. Winfrey.
5) William Audley Burton, b. 12 May 1915 Grand Valley Oklahoma, d. 16 Sept 1994.
6) Martha Ann Burton Daniels, b. 11 Nov 1916 Grand Valley Oklahoma.Married on 10 April 1942 to Arbrie Daniels son of John Daniels & May Daniels.
7) Gurden Burton, b. 29 Aug 1919 Hardesty Oklahoma, d. 25 Nov 1992 The Village Oklahoma. Married on 10 Feb. 1949 at Lovington, New Mexico to Viola Dee Woodring (5 May 1921) daughter of Charles B. Woodring & Mary Susan (Hardin) Woodring.