From the book "HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, COUNTIES OF WHITE AND PULASKI INDIANA. Historical and Biographical. Illustrated. Chicago; F. A. Battey & CO., Publishers. 1883." page 342, Princeton Township, White County, Indiana.
"DR. F. A. GRANT was born in Lawrenceburgh, Indiana, October 3, 1852, and is the youngest of a family of four children of R. S. and LOUIE A. (BENNETT) GRANT. At the age of five years, he moved with his father to a farm near Greensburg, Indiana, and here young GRANT received his first schooling. At sixteen years of age, he entered the academy at Elizabethtown. The first fifteen years of his life were passed in working on the farm and attending school; 1870 found DR. GRANT beginning the classical course in Hartsville University, at Hartsville, Indiana, where he remained two years, and while at this institution, was ordained a pastor in the Christian Church, and preached at Elizabethtown and Brush Creek. DR. GRANT is next found as pastor of the First Christian Church at Brazil, Indiana; but he soon resigned, and accepted a similar position at Marshall, Illinois, and there remained some time, and then entered the Northwestern Christian University at Indianapolis, and pursued his studies two years, and then quit the University to accept the pastorate of the Christian Church at Ligonier, Indiana. After preaching for a time at Frazeysburg, Ohio, and Litchfield, Minnesota, where he edited a church paper called the "CHRISTIAN VISITOR", he returned to Indianapolis and took a course of medical lectures, and came to Wolcott in February, 1877, and formed a partnership with DR. M. T. DIDLAKE in the practice of medicine. In 1879, he returned to Indianapolis and took another course of lectures. On January 31, 1876, occurred the marriage of DR. GRANT to MISS LINDA CARMINE, of Ligonier, Indiana, and to them have been born two children - MINNIE A. and MYRTLE M. DR. GRANT is one of the principal physicians in White County, and for several years has been influential and effective worker in the Democratic party."