Anyone researching this line of Carrolls?? I got this from search engines, the library, and family history:
1. William Carroll - the one mentioned below is called "JR" in a land transaction in NC in 1803.This means there was a Wm. SR before the one below.
2. William Carroll Jr & Sr Born abt. 1772 in VA, died aft. 1840; married to Mary Moore (Children: Wm. T. Jr., Soloman, Miles, Joseph, Daniel, Mary Polly).This Wm. transferred or sold land to the "President and Trustees of the University of North Carolina" after moving to Weakley County, TN.It is in the records of Weakley County, TN.
3. William Tennessee Carroll Jr (apparently the third, but called Jr.) (I have found no documents with Tennessee as the middle name, but that is what FamilySearch site lists as his middle name.) Born abt. 1803 in Lincoln Co. NC; died in 1857 in Weakley Co. TN; married to Malinda Postell abt. 1827 in NC. (Children: Mary A., Alfred Miles, Lucinda, William Albert, Martha Jane, Melvina, Paralee, Rosena, Daniel Whitfield, Araminda).I have a copy of his will filed in 1857.
3. William Albert Carroll Born 12/14/1830 in Macon Co. NC; died abt. 1902 in OK. Married four times. (1) Levinia Coleman in 1851 w/chid Betty; (2) Francis Faircloth in 1855 w/children Mary Ellen, James "Jim" and Daniel Whitfield; (3) Martha F. Crowder in 1865 w/children Conda Cortez, Thomas, Percy, Edward Arnold, Laura Bell, Fannie Burns, Martha Alice, Texas Ann; (4) Jennie Elizabeth Dobbs in 1900 w/no issue.
4. Conda Cortez Carroll Born 1/18/1867 in Nashville TN; died 9/22/1952 in Madill, OK. Married twice. (1) Adeline Messeldine in 1891 w/children Savannah Rose and Rachel Mae; (2) Cora May Mackey in 1900 w/children Colonel and Berley Dane.
5. Colonel Carroll Born 1901 in Durant, IT.Married Stella Ratliff.Four children - all still living.