Hi Carol, These are our Carroll family. They arrived in Australia in 1850. I don't have any more information regarding Jeremiah other than when and where he was born and that is father was Patrick. Good luck, Regards, Nadine
Jeremiah Carroll (parent Patrick Carroll) was born 1797 in Tipperary Ireland. He died 10 Oct 1860 in St.Kilda Victoria Australia.
Death reg 10821 Buried at St.Kilda Cemetery 11/10/1860 RCC Section, Comp.B Grave 23 Son, Patrick Carroll (1835-1905) is in the same grave Died of Water on the stomach "being the verdict of a Coroners inquest"
Jeremiah married Margaret Gorman on 1821 in Tipperary Ireland. Margaret (parents Edward Gorman and Catherine UNKNOWN) was born 1792 in Lochine Tipperary Ireland. She died 26 February 1873 in Ballarat Victoria Australia.
Jeremiah Carroll and Margaret Gorman had the following children:
1. Patrick Carroll was born 1835 in Tipperary, Ireland. He died 4 October 1905 in 12 Hood Street North Melbourne Victoria.
2. Johanna Carroll was born 1824 in Tipperary Ireland.
3. Catherine Carroll was born 1826 in Tipperary Ireland.
4. Mary Carroll was born 1828 in Tipperary Ireland. She died March 30 1873 in Ballarat Victoria Australia.
5. Margaret Carroll was born 1830 in Tipperary Ireland. She died 1904 in Numurkah Victoria Australia.
6. Ann Carroll was born 1844 in Tipperary Ireland. She died 2 April 1911 in Victoria Australia.