I am looking for anybodie with possible knowledge of the following possible family line. The Anderson Carroll states he was from NC in many records but no records proove this. He lived in Liberty/Amite Mississippi and in St. Helena Parish area of Louisana in 1818 and until his death. The John Carroll, very little is know about, other then he was a survier in Louisiana. I am suspecting that Edward and Nancy stayed in North Carolina or possibly died at a young age in route to Louisiana. They would have been born between 1780- 1800. Keep in mind not many facts proove this family lines are linked. Please assist me if you can. You may email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or possible leads. At this point my search is at a dead end so no lead is to small.
Unk Carroll was born BET 1750-1770
Children of Unk Carroll are :
1. Anderson Carroll was born Bet 1780-1790 He married Winny F N Hurst 8 Jan. 1818 in Amite Co, NS. She was born Bet 1780-1790.
2. Edward Carroll was born Bet. 1780-1810 He married Rebecca Lowry 9Jan
1830 in Amite Co. MS. She was born Bet 1790-1815.
3. John D. Carroll was born Bet 1780-1810 He marriec Rachel McGill 13Feb 1831 in Amite Co. MS. She was born Bet 1785-1810.
4. Nancy Carroll was born Bet. 1785-1810 she married John Raborn 4 Oct 1825 in Amite Co., MS. He was born Bet 1775-1805.
*************** Full known family map ***************
Descendants of Anderson Carroll
Generation No. 1
1. ANDERSON1 CARROLL died Bef. 1849. He married ELIZABETH DEES, daughter of JAMES DEES and CHARLOTTE UNK. She died Abt. 1849 in St. Helena Parish, Louisiana.
Notes for ANDERSON CARROLL:
1850 Census East Feliciana Parish Louisiana
Charlotte Dees 66 F. SC
James 32 M La.
Anderson Carroll 20 M La.
Tillman 15 M La.
Amanda 6 F La.
The above Carrolls are living with Elizabeth Dees mother, Charlotte. The parents Anderson and Elizabeth were dead .
Notes for ELIZABETH DEES:
SUCCESSION RECORDS OF ST. HELENA PARISH, LA. 1804 - 1854
Abstracted by Clyde Purser Young Edited by E. Russ Williams, Jr. 1966
Elizabeth Carroll, 1849 (wife of Anderson Carroll) File C-1
Oct. 6, 1849 William Travis stats that Mrs. Elizabeth Carroll died recently in this Parish leaving two minor children: 1. Henry Carroll 2. Amanda V. Carroll. There is left no person to take charge of the property other than petationer, who is one of the nearest neighbors and a distant relative.
Oct. 16, 1849 Family meeting:
John Carroll, John Smith, William Lea, James Bellue, Wm Travis, Jackson Cathe,. John E. Smith is named tutor and John Carroll, under-tutor. Land is to be left in charge of the tutor.
Nov. 19,1849 Sale of personal property. Purchasers: E. D. Waller, Mrs. Edier, Cannon Travis, John Harris, Elbert Haley, Wm Lea, Henry Carroll, John McPherson, Reuben Lee, Thomas Phillips, E. B. Draughan, Thomas A. Roddy, Wm Travis, Henry Newsom, John Smith, Richard Austin, Ebenezer McNabb. Total $323.23
Deceased was the wife of Anderson Carroll deceased.
Children of ANDERSON CARROLL and ELIZABETH DEES are:
2. i. ANDERSON RUTHERFORD2 CARROLL, b. Abt. 1831, S.C. or La.; d. 1878, St. Helena Parish, La. of yellow fever.
ii. TILMAN CARROLL, b. Abt. 1835; m. ROSANNA A. LEE, September 28, 1852, St. Helena Parish, La..
Notes for TILMAN CARROLL:
Tilman was a Private in Co. K Louisiana Infantry CSA
Land Sales from THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in St. Helena Parish , Louisiana at the Land office at Greenburg, Louisiana.
Tilman Thadious Carle 44 and 70/100 acres dated July 1, 1859
Tilman Thadious Carel 41 and 95/100 acres dated July 1, 1859
iii. AMANDA CARROLL, b. Abt. 1844.
iv. HENRY CARROLL, m. REBECCA ANN WALES, October 18, 1858, St. Helena Parish, La..
Notes for HENRY CARROLL:
Land Sales from THE UNTITED STATES OF AMERICA in St. helena Parich, Louisiana at theLand Office at Greensburg, Louisiana
Henry Augustine Carle 320 and 68/100 acres dated Oct. 1, 1860
Generation No. 2
2. ANDERSON RUTHERFORD2 CARROLL (ANDERSON1) was born Abt. 1831 in S.C. or La., and died 1878 in St. Helena Parish, La. of yellow fever. He married MAHALA WOMACK March 31, 1852 in St. Helena Parish, La., daughter of JACOB WOMACK and NANCY WALLER. She was born Abt. 1835 in La., and died 1878 in St. Helena Parish, La. of yellow fever.
Notes for ANDERSON RUTHERFORD CARROLL:
1870 Census - U.S. of St. Helena Parish, La.
St. HelenaTownship Ward 3
from page 133/ St. Helena Historical Asst. Greensburg. La.
Carol A. R. 39 M White farmer 200 Roberts . La.
Mahala 35 F W. housekeeper La.
Elisa 17F W at home La.
John 15M W " La.
Laura 13F W " La.
Henry 11M W " La.
James 6M W " La.
Louisa 4F W " La.
Margaret 6/12F W " La.
Land Sales from THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in St. Helena Parish , Louisiana at the Land Office at Greensburg, Louisiana show
Anderson Rutherford Carle 45 acres and .88acre dated July 1, 1859
Rutherford Anderson Carel 275 and .05 acres dated June 1, 1860
From database LOUISIANA CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS
Carroll, Anderson, Pvt. Co. K La. Infty. Federal Rolls of Prisoners of War, Captured at Atlanta, Ga. July 5th, 1864 and transfd. from Louisville, Ky. to Camp Chase, Ohio, Aug.11th, 1864. Forwd. to Pt.Lookout, Md. Feb. 12th, 1865 for exchange.
St. Helena Parish, La. marriage records show Renteford A. Carle married Mary jane Gater 3/31/1852.
More About ANDERSON RUTHERFORD CARROLL:
Military service: May 29, 1862, Clinton, Louisiana
Notes for MAHALA WOMACK:
I have seen the name of Anderson's wife as Mahala Gator, Mahala Jane Gator,and Mary Jane Gator. My mother, Alice Wilda Carroll Westbrook , had information from one of her friends( who was related to the Womacks) that she was Mahala Womack daughter of Jacob Green Womack. The 1850 Census of St. Helena Parish, La. shows
Jacob Womack 65
W T 25
Henry J. 18
Richard Gator 15
in home of
Stephen Womack 33
Jacob G. 3
Mahala Gator 14
Stephen is son of Jacob Green Womack and Nancy Jane Waller.
What is the relationship of Richard Gator and Mahala Gator to Womacks?
Children of ANDERSON CARROLL and MAHALA WOMACK are:
3. i. JOHN RICHARD3 CARROLL, b. March 15, 1855, St. Helena Parish, La.; d. June 28, 1931, Summit , Ms..
ii. LAURA CARROLL, b. Abt. 1856; m. LUTHER BURNS.
iii. LOUISA CARROLL, m. C. W. HARRINGTON, October 05, 1845, Wilkerson County,Ms.1.
iv. LIZZIE CARROLL, b. Abt. 1853.
v. DAISY CARROLL.
vi. DOROTHY CARROLL.
vii. MAGGIE CARROLL, m. ? REDMON.
viii. HENRY CARROLL, b. Abt. 1858; m. MARY TAYLOR, July 06, 1887, Wilkerson County,Ms..
ix. JAMES CARROLL, b. Abt. 1863.
4. x. KENCHIN CARROLL, b. 1874, St. Helena Parish, La.; d. 1953, Priscilla, Ms..
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN RICHARD3 CARROLL (ANDERSON RUTHERFORD2, ANDERSON1) was born March 15, 1855 in St. Helena Parish, La., and died June 28, 1931 in Summit , Ms.. He married MELISSA ANN CRUISE December 19, 1877 in Amite County , MS, daughter of JAMES CRUISE and MARY JONES. She was born 1859 in Amite County , MS, and died April 27, 1943 in Summit , Ms..
Notes for JOHN RICHARD CARROLL:
Marraige Information Ref: Amite County Mississippi 1699-1899, Vol 3 by Casey
More About JOHN RICHARD CARROLL:
Burial: Hollywood Cemetery, McComb, Mississippi
More About MELISSA ANN CRUISE:
Burial: Hollywood Cemetery, McComb, Mississippi
Children of JOHN CARROLL and MELISSA CRUISE are:
5. i. MAGGIE4 CARROLL, b. September 01, 1878, Amite County, Ms; d. October 17, 1909.
6. ii. RULERFORD MADISON CARROLL, b. March 23, 1880, Amite County,Ms.; d. November 28, 1957, McComb, Ms..
7. iii. ALBERT CURTIS CARROLL, b. February 14, 1882, Amite County Ms.; d. June 15, 1964, Thornton, Ms..
4. KENCHIN3 CARROLL (ANDERSON RUTHERFORD2, ANDERSON1) was born 1874 in St. Helena Parish, La., and died 1953 in Priscilla, Ms.. He married ? COLEMAN.
More About KENCHIN CARROLL:
Burial: Greenville, MS.
More About ? COLEMAN:
Burial: Johnson Chapel Cemetery, near Summit, MS.
Children of KENCHIN CARROLL and ? COLEMAN are:
i. BOY4 CARROLL, d. only a few years old. accident gun shot by neighbor.
ii. FARLEY O. CARROLL, d. February 03, 1958, New Orleans, La. buried Johnson Chapel Cem.Summit,Ms.