Here is some information that may help someone.
1. SALLIE CARTER Wife of Daniel L. Carter. deceased. I prefer a neat home made coffin and have toombstones at my grave. To my son, William B. Carter - 9 acres on Lick Creek, District 23, transferrable only to the heirs of my body. My daughter, Eliza Armitage and my son, John P. Carter, have instructions to dispose of my household goods, none to be sold at public outcry. Son, John P. Carter, to dispose of livestock. To each of my grand-children, heirs of my daughter Mary A. Bible. David and Foy Bible -a trust of $25 plus interest to be paid when they are 21. To my grand-children. Eliza A. and Louie A. Martin -$25 in trust of their father, Romeo Martin. To Carters Station Methodist Episcopal Church -south at Carters Station in trust $100. What money is left to be divided between these my children : Margaret Thompson, Lewis A. Carter, James R. Carter, Alfred Carter. I give $100 for paling or a picket fence around the graveyard where my husband and others are buried. Executor : son John P. Carter. Dated : 24 November 1888. Witnesses: William T. Guthrie, William E. Blanton. .Signed: Sally Carter
2. JOHN CARTER 1 March 1847 Wife, Elizabeth, gets everything. Nothing to be taken away from her by children. Will Dated: 7 September 1837. Witnesses: Benjamin Carter, Allen Carter, Ezekiel Carter, Vincant Anderson. Signed: John Carter
3. JOHN ADAM WATTENBARGER 28 June 1859 To Wife, Mary Magdalene, all property I do not devis, to be hers her widowhood. Children: Molly Carter wife of John Carter, Eliza Couch wife Note I missed the rest.
4. A Deed of Conveyance from DANIEL CARTER to ABRAHAM CARTER dated february 24th, 1791 for 100 acres of land was duly proven by the oath of MATTHEW COX and the same is ordered to be reqistered. 10 S paid.
5. Ordered that a road be laid off from Greeneville to Purcheon Camp Gap and that MAT COX, WILLIAM YOUNG, ISAAC ARMETAGE, BENJAMIN ANDERSON, PETER HARMON, ALEX STUART, ABRAHAM CARTER, DENNIS HARTY , CHRISTOPHER BULLER, THOMAS ADAMS, THOMAS STANFIELD, SIMON WESTON, DANIEL CARTER, JOHN KELSO, ISHAM RANDOLPH, EDWARD GRAY, JAMES ANDERSON, Esq. , NATHAN CARTER , and WILLIAM BROTHERTON view and mark the same and report next Court.
6.HUMPHEY MELONE (Malone) 23 July 1823 $800 To Wife, Temperance, 1/3. All the rest to be equally divided between children. Children: John, Priscilla, Nancy, Ellender, George, Abraham., Until children become of age. Executors: Ezekiel Carter, Henry Bell. Written: 17 June 1822. Witnesses: John Carter, Meshach Carter. Signed :Humphrey Melone
7. ABRAM CARTER 26 October 1832 To Wife, Rebecca, Fifty dollars and small spinning wheel the old man bought for her, a side saddle and 10 pounds coffee. Other property to be sold and money divided between my heirs inc. Rebecca my wife Children: Nancy Weems, Temperance Malone, Elenor Keller, Elizabeth King, Sarah Edmunds. Executors: Ezekiel Carter, John Carter. Will dated: 22 March 1832. Witnesses: John Pogue, Henry Simpson. Signed: Abraham Carter his mark.
8. BENJAMIN CARTER 6 May 1861 To Wife, Rachel, whole of my estate, real and personal. To son, Elbert S., plantation where he lives. To daughter, Priscilla S. Carter, 46 acres land. To SONS, Thomas, Nathan and Henry -to get my home. Nancy and Jane Hendry to get plantation where Edward Hendry lives. Executors: Elbert S. Carter, SON-IN-Law William Hendry. Will Dated: 29 January 1861. Witnesses: George Kenny, Joseph McCurry?? Signed : Benjamin Carter
9. SAMUEL KELLER 7 January 1858 $20,000 Executors: John Keller, Samuel J. Keller. Witnesses: George Lady, Matilda Carter, Cornelius Harden. I did not find will
10. LEVY (LEVI?) CARTER to Wife. Susanna, all my property her lifetime. Sons, Joseph and Elijah to receive no more until the rest of my children get $60.00 in trade. Executrix : Wife, Susanna. Witnesses. David Key, William Jones , Christopher Kirby. signed Levy Carter. Written 5 December 1809.Note I beleive the rest of will is listed on this forum
11.DANIEL CARTER 27 July 1829 - To Wife, Sarah, furniture, cups, saucers and all the delf she brought here a"looking glass, 2 bales spun cotton, 6 pounds wool. Two cullard children daughters of Clara who was emancipated by John Carter decd., to be set free when 21 years old. Two sons, Elisha and Ellis. to get all land. Three daughters, Polly Keller, Sophia Pogue and Jemima Williams, to get personal property, debts and demands by note. sons-in-Iaw, Henry Keller and Thomas Williams, to get one dollar. Polly Keller and Jemima Williams part to go to their children. Executors. Elisha Carter, Jones Weems, Ellis Carter, George Weems. Written. 27 June 1829. Witnesses. Jesse W. Haile, George Kenney, Abram Weems. Signed. Daniel Carter
12. EZEKIEL CARTER SENR. 7 March 1853-- - To Wife, Martha Carter, 300 acres and personal property for her support. To daughter. Hyla wife of Jeremiah MacMillan, 100 acres where she now lives. To son, John Carter, 200 acres where he lives. To son, William Carter, 300 acres where I live. Other children have their portion. Executors. Abraham and Ezekiel Carter. Will Dated. 2 January 1852. Witnesses. William R. Brown, James P. MacDowell, V. Sevier. -Signed. Ezekiel Carter
13. JOHN HARDIN 5 January 1846 $700 To Wife, Clary A. Hardin, one third real estate. Two youngest sons. Ollayer and Vollentine Hardin. to get home plantation -130 acres. Youngest daughter. Clary A. Hardin, a house, $40 and other things. Sons. Cornelius, Robert, John, Jacob, Isaac, Marsh and Isaac Harmon. , One dollar each. To Bennet and Rebecca Weems, One dollar. To Benjamin and Honor Carter, One dollar. Executors: Cornelius and John Hardin - friends. Will Dated. 28 March 1842. Witnesses: Andrew McPheron, Andrew McPheron, Allen McPheron. Signed: John Hardin
14. EZEKIEL CARTER 26 October 1832 Will not found. Executors. Ezekiel Carter, Jacob Carter.
15.EZEKIEL CARTER 5 September 1853 To Wife, Martha, all land until youngest child comes of age or her widow-hood, then she get one third -other two thirds to be divided equally between my four children. Four children: Alexander W., Tallitha C., Samuel L.. Joel M. Executors: Samuel Miller senr., John E. Carter. Will Dated. 25 July 1853. Witnesses. John Malone, Elbert S. Car? Signed. Ezekiel Carter.
16.ELI ,CARTER 6 August 1866 Page 599 My Wife to have full support from my lands during her widowhood. Sons. Stephen E.. John, Nathan and Elliott Carter -farm to be equally divided. : Four daughters. Melissa Carter. Minerva Malone, Nancy A. Carter and Mary C. Carter. son-in-Iaw. William Malone. Daughter, Mary C., to receive $150 when Elliott is 21. Executor : Son -Stephen E. Carter. Will Dated. 6 May 1866. Witnesses. George Kenney, Joseph F.A. Maury. Signed. EliCarter
17. ELISHA CARTER 23 March 1837 To Wife, Margaret, 1/5 part as my widow. Four sons. Anderson the oldest, Benjamin 4th, Melton Thomas Carter youngest, 2nd son Daniel. To eldest daughter. Nancy, one nag valued at $75 and $200 cash. Two younger daughters, Susanna and Jemima, share equal to Nancy. Land on Lick Creek to be sold. Daniel to be appointed Executor. Will Dated. 23 March 1837. Witnesses. John Olinger,John Kenney. Signed. Elisha Carter
18. SAMUEL CARTER 16 April 1863 To Wife. Mary. a roan mare. To son, RoIly, plantation on Puncheon Can Creek adjoining lands of my father. Nathan Carter decd.. Benjamin Carter and others. To son. James Wyly Carter, land where he now lives adjoining William Ross, James Pearce, John Malone. To son, Anderson. 250 acres where I live. To daughters. Nancy Linebaugh and Elizabeth Justice, $20 ? each. My daughter. Hiley Carter. to be supported by my sons. Executor Son -RoIly Carter. Dated. 16 April 1863. Attest: George Kenney, B. Carter. Signed. SamuelCarter
19. JOHN CARTER 22 July 1833 Wife, Christiner, to pay debts and what is left divided between all my children (not named). Will Dated. 6 March 1833. Witnesses. John Price, Benjamin Carter, Mel?? Carter. Signed. John Carter
20. JOEL CARTER Page 602 to Wife Salina real and personal estate, notes, accounts, goods and chattels.Executrix: Wife Salina. Dated. 17 September 1866. Witnesses. James Hawkins, James M. Maloney. Signed. Joel Carter
21. MATTHEW COX 23 February 1807 Wife. Ann. Children. Leah, Ann, William, son Eliakim, Samuel, ,Gene, daughter Mehalah. William has received 18 pounds, seven shillings more than the others. Executors: Daniel Carter, William Cox, James Goodin. Witnesses: Isaac Armitage, JohnRoss, William Jones. Signed: Matthew Cox
22. JOHN CARDER , Wife Dorcas to have everything to freehold as she wishes, untill she remarries, or at her death all to be equally divided between all my children. Executors. Dorcas Carder, Amace Harold. Dated. 14 May 1809. Witnesses. David Snodgrass, William Jolly, John Jacques. Signed : John Carder :Note: is this the Dorcas that has been attached to John Carter in several peoples postings.
23. Page 454 No. 1238 - Levi Carter - 175 acres on both sides Lick Creek. Richard Dobbs Spraight at Newbern, 12 January 1793.
24.Ditto from BABBs Hill to Bulls Gap and that ISAAC BALLARD, PHILLIP BABB, SETH BABB, ABRAHAM CARTER, JOHN CARTER, JOSEPH ROBERTS, JOSEPH SELF, THOMAS FRESHER (Frazier), LEVI CARTER, DENNIS HARTY, RICHARD ROBINS, JOSEPH CARTER view and mark etc. Issd.
25. --- ABEL LOYD 22 April 1816$1,500 To Wife, Hannah, all household furniture, mare, sheep, cattle, hogs and land all her life - to bring up my children in a genteel manner -at her death my four sons, Thomas, James, John and Able, to get land. Three daughters. Mary Loyd, Betsey Fraker and Sarah Carter, to get the rest. To daughter, Mary Loyd, 13 pounds 11 shillings. Grand-daughter. Lavina Loyd. Executor. Wife, Hannah. Written. 28 March 1816. Witnesses: Thomas Loyd, John Loyd, David Carter, Hanah Loyd. Signed: Abel Loyd
26. JOHN OLINGER 27 January 1823$10,000 Wife, Nancy, the plantation I live on as long as she lives and 1/3 proceeds from plantation etc. and $200. Children. David, John, Silvanus Israel, Elizabeth, Anna. To son, David, where he lives and entry I have made. To son, John, plantation where my wife is to live and get 1/3, a mare called Bird, saddle and bridle. To sons, Silvanus and Israel, plantation I bought of Joseph Carter. To daughters, Elizabeth and Anna, Mill place -mills to be rented. To Mary Ohlinger, $300. Executors. Two sons, David and John Ohlinger. Written. 6 January 1823. Witnesses: John Mauris, Philip Henkel. Signed. John Ohlinger
27. 1816 Monday April 22 Page 179 Anny Francis, aged 14 years and upwards, appeared in Court and chose James Weems her guardian. Daniel Carter, security.
28. Ord that ded po Issue to take examination of JOHN KUYKENDOL , SAML. WALLACE in behalfCALEB CARTER ptff in a court VS. JOHN DENTON, dfd. Issd. Ord that the surveyor of Greene County at the expense of CALEB CARTER survey and make plots of the lands claimed by the said CALEB CARTER in his caveat vs JOHN DENTON and that he set forth in such lots all connection lines and such other marks as reqd by the said CALEB
29. No.11901 Page 401 State of Tennessee -to Frederick Weaver 25 acres on Pigeon Creek, north side of Nolachucky River -Entry No.5682, 30 December 1822- founded on certificate No.2136 -isqued to heirs of Landon Carter for 1280 acres,7 April 1822 - 25 acres of which are assigned to Frederick Weaver, enterer, adjoining Swatsel. Granted 15 September 1825.
30.THE STATE VS. JOHN HARMON: Present ~ A Jury impanelled and sworn Viz: BENJ. ARMSTRONG . DANIEL CREAMER, LEVI CARTER, JAMES LAW, ANDREW McPHERAN, WILLIAM ROSS, CHRISTOPHER BALLARD ,NATHAN VEACH ,DANIEL REED, JAMES ROBERTS, NATHAN BREED,WILLIAM GRAY. , Passed on said tryal do find thedeffendant not guilty as in manner and form charged in the Bill of Indictment.
31. A deed of conveyance from BENJ. GIST Esqr to JOHN CARTER for 200 A of land was duly acknowledged in court by the said GIST and admitted to record .Tax and fee paid.
32. ADAM STARNS vs JOHN SIMPSON , Debt : BENJAMIN ARMSTRONG, DAN CREAMER, JAMES LAW, LEVI CARTER, JAMES WRIGHT, CHRIS BALLARD, WILLIAM ROSS, NATHAN VEATCH.
33.DENNIS HARTY October Sessions 1810 To Wife, Jemima, all my pewter, unmolested use of all cleared land, except that where Daniel Harty lives and works. To son, Jacob and Daniel, plantation at death of my wife, Jacob to get house. Sons-in-law, Robert , Casteel, Moses McCoy and George Miers, to receive $1.50 each. Grand- daughters, Rebecky Myers and Anna Miers, eight dollars each. Grand-daughter: Elizabeth Myers. To William McCoy and Abner Johnson, everything equally divided not allready specified. Executors. David Robertson, David Keys. Written. 19 August 1810. Witnesses. Elijah Billingsley, John Ross his mark. Signed. DennisHarty his mark
34. ROBERT ALLEN* Substance of Will of Robert Allen decd. As found by a jury, written by me. Robert Guin Probated 25 July 1811. Written. 4 February 1811. Wife, Martha Allen, to have two negroes, Prusey and Letty her lifetime, then to my first wife.s children. My first wife's children. Robert, James, Reuben Allen, Polly Lemmon, Fanny Farnsworth. To Son, Robert, eighty dollars. To son, James, one hundred and forty dollars. To daughter, Fanny Farnsworth, one hundred dollars. Plantation under the care of wife and son, Daniel Allen. To Daniel Allen, 250 acres off home place going up river to where Jeremiah Smith lives known as Cove Spring and a negro boy named Simpson. To son, Samuel, 250 acres, lower part of plantation and negro boy named Love. To daughter, Margaret Allen, 1/3 household furniture and a negro. Wife Martha Allen to remain and be supported by profits from my plantation. Son-in-law, Samuel Lemmon, to get a negro boy. To son, JOHN ALLEN , a horse. Signed. Robert Allen Taken from Book 1, page 46. Original Will not in book.