I got this from a book on Heritage Quest that I accesed from my public library.
Just came across these paragraphs:
"Gershom Clemens came from Virginia to Christian County, Kentucky, m. Jane Usher, daughter of David Usher, prominent Kentucky farmer, b. February 19, 1775, on april 22, 1791; later came to Livingston County and settled on an island later known a "Rondeau's Island" in the Ohio River near Golconda, Illinois, about the year 1800 and raised his family there"
"Gershom Clemens' children by his first wife as shown by his family bible are as follows:
1. Elizabeth Clemens, b. October 14 1793
2. Usher Clemens, b. October 26, 1798
3. Samuel Clemens, b. January 18, 1798
4. Davis B. Clemens, b.May 20, 1800
5. Sarah Lusk Clemens, November 29, 1802
6. Jeremiah Clemens, b. February 6, 1807
7 Jonathan R. Clemens, b. May 24, 1811
8. Robert and Jane Clemens, twins, b. December 5, 1813
His Last wife was Margueritte Galaspy Trimble, widow of james Trimble, whom he married January 31, 1817.They had the following children,viz.:
10. James Ford Clemens, b April1, 1819
11. Gershim Clemens Jr.,b. March9, 1821."
These are excerpted from:
Title:Genealogy of Gordon Thompson and Jane Clemens Thompson
Authors:Thompson, David Gordon,
City of Publication:Mt. Vernon, Ill.
Notes:Photocopy of original.
Includes bibliographical references (leaf 82).
Reel/Fiche Number:Genealogy and local history ; G6545
Subject Headings:Clements family.
Thompson, Gordon, 1813-1892.
Thompson, Jane Clemens, 1813-1862.
Primary Family Name:Clements family.