Looking for father and siblings of Carolyn Elizabeth Clinch.
Carolyn Elizabeth Clinch (?daughter of Andrew Clinch?) who was born 1820 in Newbury District, South Carolina married Allen Asbury (Ashberry) Moore.She died in 1890. Elizabeth's father was born in England and her mother in South Carolina (so says the census).Allen Asberry (Ashbury) Moore was born 1818 in Newbury District, South Carolina and died in 1873 in either Mississippi or Alabama.A.A. and Elizabeth moved to Alabama in about 1842-1843. Their first two children were born in South Carolina and all of the others in Alabama. I have seen data which state they are both buried at Fellowship Cemetery, Pickens County, Alabama.
The following is a list of the children listed in there household taken from census records from 1850 to 1880. Some of these children may have been nieces and nephews. It is possible that all of these children are A.A. and Elizabeth's, but I do not think so. Rosmd was not on the 1850 Pickens County, Alabama Census, but Sarah was. Rosmd appeared on the 1870 census but was older than Sarah. More proof is needed to determine the true identity of the youngest children listed below:
1) John A. Moore born ca1840 in South Carolina; married Jennie (Virginia?) who was born ca1848.
2) Andrew Samuel Moore born November 29, 1841 in South Carolina; died November 1, 1924.
3) Caroline E. Moore born May 1843 in Alabama.
4) James Silas Moore born June 19, 1846 in Alabama; died July 7, 1928 in Calhoun City, Mississippi.(This is my gg grandfather.)
5) Permelia B. Moore born ca1847
6) Rosmd Moore born ca1849
7) Sarah Moore born ca1849-1851
8) Ellander Moore born ca1852 married Phillip Orr Stovall Sugg
9) Belton Moore born ca1856
10) Melvin Glover N. Moore born ca1858-1860 (this may have been two people)