I have the following that I believe is what you are looking for.I also have descendants from other branches of this family, but copied only the direct line to your query subjects.If you want more information about the other branches, let me know.Do you have any other information about FRED CLINK, b. 1893; d. 1939, or ERNEST CLINK, b. 1895; d. 1956 lines?I would like to add it to my data.Also, how are you related since your last name is Mericle and not Clink? (Just curious!)
Sincerely, Jan Clink
Descendants of John George Klinck
Generation No. 1
1.JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK(?1) was born Abt. 1740 (parents from Germany).He married (1) THERESIA ? Bef. 1766.He married (2) PHOEBE THORNTON Abt. 1773, probable daughter of THOMAS THORNTON and HOPE KING.
Notes for JOHN GEORGE KLINCK:
possibly Johannes Clink who shows up in the 1790 census and no more.See notes for John clink.
Johannes is in the same general area as these other Clinks.
According to data received from Jacob's will dated 8/16/1801, received 9/12/02,
John is the known father of Jacob, David, Gideon, William, John, Catherine, Mary, & Sarah
While not absolutely certain, there is strong evidence that John's brother may have been Jacob Klinck born in the 1720's, a carpenter from Plattenhardt, Wuerttemberg, Germany and his wife Margaretha Fichter who left their village because of economic hardship that had gripped Wuertemberg for several years in the 1750's.In noting the departure of the Jacob Klinck family from Ludwigsburg in the Duchy of Wuerttemberg, their Lutheran Minister recorded that in 1754 the family had "gone to Pennsylvania" and that Jacob had to sell his children's property in order to pay for the voyage.Abrother is thought to have come with him or shortly afterwards.
Children of JOHN KLINCK and THERESIA ? are:
2. i. CATHARINA3 KLINCK, b. October 10, 1766, Wuertemburg, Dutchess Co., NY.
ii. MARGARETHA KLINCK, b. April 16, 1769, Wuertemburg,Dutchess Co., NY.
More About MARGARETHA KLINCK:
Christening: May 10, 1769, Wuertemburg St Pauls Lutheran Church, Dutchess Co., NY
iii. JACOB KLINCK, b. July 30, 1770.
More About JACOB KLINCK:
Baptism: September 16, 1770, St. Pauls Lutheran church
Notes for PHOEBE THORNTON:
this may not be her birthdate or place of birth.It is the birthdate & place of the daugther, Phoebe, of Thomas & Hope.
Children of JOHN KLINCK and PHOEBE THORNTON are:
3. iv. JOHN3 CLINK, b. May 29, 1774, Clinton Twp, Dutchess Co., NY; d. Bef. 1850, Auburn, Susquehanna Co., PA.
4. v. DAVID KLINCK, b. December 25, 1775, NY; d. November 17, 1823, Connersville, Fayette Co., Ind.
5. vi. WILLIAM CLINK, SR, b. February 1777, Ct/NY?.
vii. GIDEON CLINCK, b. Bet. 1778 - 1779.
Notes for GIDEON CLINCK:
Known son of John and brother of Jacob, John, David, William, Catherine, Mary & Sarah
6. viii. MARY CLINK, b. October 22, 1780, Dutchess Co., NY - NY confirmed by 1850 census information, possibly 10/22/1780; d. October 07, 1869, buried in Terry family cemetery.It is located at the corner of Route 143 and Stott Drive in Coeymans Hollow.Apparently, when Stott Drive was put in,part of the cemeterywas removed.
7. ix. SARAH A. CLINK, b. Bet. 1780 - 1785, per tombstone, possibly Dutchess Co., NY; d. 1809, Coeysmans, Albany Co., NY.
x. PHOEBE CLINK, b. Bet. 1782 - 1785.
8. xi. STEPHEN HENRY CLINK, b. August 02, 1786, Schoharie, NY? PossibyPougkeepsie, Dutchess Co., NY?; d. April 04, 1871, Erin Twp, Wellington, Ont., Canada?Possibly in Esquesing Twp with daughter Jane.
9. xii. JAMES T. CLINK, b. July 23, 1788, Albany, New York (possibly Ct); d. Bet. 1866 - 1871, Straffordville, Bayham Township, Ontario, Canada.
10. xiii. GEORGE CLINK, b. January 28, 1791, NY; d. December 16, 1861, Vallejo,Solano Co., CA.
Generation No. 2
1.WILLIAM3 CLINK, SR(JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK, ?1) was born February 1777 in Ct/NY?.He married MARGARET J. HANSON 1799 in Steuben, Oneida Co., NY.
Notes for WILLIAM CLINK, SR:
According to data received as of 9/12/02,
Known son of John and brother of Jacob, David, Gideon, John, Catherine, Mary, & Sarah according to Jacob's will.
Children of WILLIAM CLINK and MARGARET HANSON are:
2. i. WILLIAM4 CLINK, JR., b. Bet. 1800 - 1801, Steuben, Oneida Co., NY; d. 1856, Sublette, Lee Co., ILL.Evergreen Cem..
3. ii. BRIDGET CLINK, b. July 01, 1802, Steuben, Oneida Co., NY; d. March 18, 1887, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA..
4. iii. ADAM CLINK, b. October 22, 1804, Steuben, Oneida Co., NY; d. June 05, 1888, Auburn Twp.Susquehanna Co., PA.
5. iv. ISAAC J. CLINK, b. 1808, Steuben, Oneida Co., NY; d. August 18, 1892, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA..
6. v. MARGARET CLINK, b. October 01, 1811, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA.; d. February 09, 1880, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA..
vi. PHOEBE CLINK, b. 1815, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA..
7. vii. JAMES CLINK, b. July 05, 1818, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA.; d. July 07, 1891, Greenwood Twp., Clare Co., MI.
8. viii. JOHN CLINK, b. 1819, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA.; d. Bef. 1901.
9. ix. HENRY BERT CLINK, b. September 20, 1822, Spring Hill, Bradford Co., PA.; d. August 20, 1894, Franklindale Twp, Bradford Co., PA.
Generation No. 3
4.ADAM4 CLINK (WILLIAM3, JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK, ?1) was born October 22, 1804 in Steuben, Oneida Co., NY, and died June 05, 1888 in Auburn Twp.Susquehanna Co., PA.He married MARY HURLBURT Bef. 1828, daughter of BENJAMIN HURLBURT and MISS SMITH.
Notes for ADAM CLINK:
Adam's death date is very questionable because his wife, Mary, is listed as a widow in 1870 and 1880 living with son, Milton, in Auburn, Susquehanna Co. PA
Children of ADAM CLINK and MARY HURLBURT are:
i. SALLY ANN5 CLINK, b. August 22, 1828, Auburn Twp, Susquehanna Co., Pa.; d. March 22, 1900, Susquehanna Co., PA; m. JOHN H. CARTER, October 02, 1871.
15. ii. SIMEON AUGUSTUS CLINK, b. November 26, 1830, Auburn, Susquehanna Co., PA; d. November 20, 1899, Portland, Multnomah Co., OR.
16. iii. MILTON H. CLINK, b. September 05, 1840, have also seen birth date as 5-9-1941, Auburn Twp, Susquehanna Co., Pa.; d. October 31, 1916, Montrose, Susquehanna Co., PA.
iv. ADELINE CLINK, b. 1843, Auburn Twp, Susquehanna Co., Pa.; d. 1905.
v. ELMIRA CLINK, b. Unknown; d. died at birth.
Generation No. 4
16.MILTON H.5 CLINK (ADAM4, WILLIAM3, JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK, ?1) was born September 05, 1840 in have also seen birth date as 5-9-1941, Auburn Twp, Susquehanna Co., Pa., and died October 31, 1916 in Montrose, Susquehanna Co., PA.He married (1) EMILY CATHERINE BARROWCLIFF January 01, 1865.He married (2) MARY ? Bef. 1873.
Children of MILTON CLINK and EMILY BARROWCLIFF are:
23. i. LEWIS W.6 CLINK, b. 1867; d. 1938.
24. ii. ROLAND CLINK, b. 1868; d. 1939.
iii. LOTTIE CLINK, b. 1871; d. 1953; m. JESSE NOBLE.
25. iv. FRANK CLINK, b. 1875; d. 1955.
Child of MILTON CLINK and MARY ? is:
26. v. LESLIE H.6 CLINK, b. July 12, 1873; d. 1958.
Generation No. 5
24.ROLAND6 CLINK (MILTON H.5, ADAM4, WILLIAM3, JOHN GEORGE2 KLINCK, ?1) was born abt1868/69, and died 6/25/1939.He married MINNIE MERICLE, born 11/07/1875 - died 1955.
Children of ROLAND CLINK and MINNIE MERICLE are:
i. FRED CLINK, b. 1893; d. 1939.
ii. ERNEST CLINK, b. 1895; d. 1956.