Re: Emma Shepherd Cockey, b. 11 Jun 1981
Charles Thomas Cockey, Sr., (6 Dec 1829 - 13 Jan 1917) acquired the “Lyal Park” estate as a wedding present for his son, Thomas Beale Cockey, Sr., (19 Oct 1856 or 17 Nov 1857 - 10 Oct 1925).
comments powered by
The original “Lyal Park” stood on land opposite the old 1816 arsenal, with access from Reisterstown Road in Pikesville. Baltimore County, Maryland. It was built by George Henry Mittnacht in 1859.
The Pikesville branch of the Baltimore County Library at 1301 Reisterstown Road currently stands on the site of the old armory.