The original message for London Cramptons referred to (1) George CRAMPTON who married Elizabeth LEARY; and (2) George CRAMPTON who married Rosanna STEWART and Susan COOK.
So, yes, there are different "George CRAMPTONs". In fact, I have at least 8 people in my little database who were named George CRAMPTON. (There are probably a few more with the identical name too in Ireland and other parts of Canada.)
1. George CRAMPTON born abt 1760 in Ireland. Died 03 Aug 1850 in Innisville, Lanark, Ontario, Canada. Spouse: Elizabeth LEARY.
2. George CRAMPTON born about 1821. Parents: Samuel CRAMPTON and Mary Eizabeth RATHWELL. Spouses: (1) Rosanna Mary STEWART and (2) Susan COOKE.
3.George CRAMPTON born 18 Oct 1852. Parents: George CRAMPTON and Rosanna Mary STEWART.
4.George CRAMPTON born 1865. Parents: Samuel CRAMPTON and Isabella ATCHESON or ACHESON.
5. George CRAMPTON born abt 1875. Parents: Samuel CRAMPTON and Margaret.
6. George CRAMPTON born ??. Parents: Samuel CRAMPTON and Catherine ATCHESON.
7. George CRAMPTON born ??. Parents: John CRAMPTON and Jane COOKE.
8. George CRAMPTON born 18 Aug 1886. Parents: Ben CRAMPTON and Elizabeth.
The names keep repeating within each generation. Thus there are many George CRAMPTONs and almost as many Samuel CRAMPTONs.
It is important to organize them by families in order to keep them all sorted.
Thanks for being so prompt with your replies. It has been very helpful to me and I am grateful for your help.