Last year I purchased in Greensboro, NC, the subject set of family photos as described below:
1. Circa 1906 studio portrait of infant taken by Le Forgee, Decatur, IL, identified on the back of the mount:
"Vivian Irene Cripe
8 months old
Born in 1906
2. Circa 1910 studio portrait of young boy and slightly younger girl taken by WamsleyWasson, Decatur, IL, identified on the back of the print:
"Harold E Cripe
Vivian " "
3. Circa 1930s black and white snapshot of young woman holding a toddler, identified on the back of the print:
4. Circa 1930s color photo of young woman, identified on the back of the print:
5. 1929 color tinted studio portrait of young boy, identified on the back of the print:
"Taken Sept. 15, 1929
at Appleton, Wis on Vivian his
Mother's birthday Donald
William Krause, Neillsville, Wis
Was exactly 2 1/2 yrs old to the hour
Written by his grandmother
Mabel Coleman Cripe
6. Circa 1940s studio portrait of an elderly man, identified on the back of the print:
"Issac Millard Cripe
One of the most honest and
hard workers I have ever
7. Circa 1890s studio portrait of middle-aged woman taken by Hodgson, Covington, KY, identified on the back of the mount:
8. Circa 1890s studio portrait of two young women taken by Studio Marguee, Decatur, IL, identified on the back of the mount:
9. Circa 1894 studio portrait of young woman taken by East End Gallery, Decatur, IL, identified on the back of the mount:
"Mabel Coleman Cripe
at 18 yrs.
Her brother Ed
who was an
and lived in Buffalo
N.Y. bought her the
10. Circa 1890s studio portrait of three young women and two young men, identified on the front of the mount:
Grad. Class of Normal"
11. Circa 1900 studio portrait of elderly couple and two young men and a young woman, identified on the back of the mount:
"My Mothers family - Mabel Coleman Cripe
Seated-Father - Frank H. Coleman Jan 9, 1930 - Mar 4, 1906
Mother - Naomi K. Coleman Dec 8, 1836 Oct 6, 1909
Robert L. Coleman-son
Sally Mabel Coleman-daughter"
Vivian Irene Cripe, born 15 Sep 1906 in Boody, IL, was the daughter of a farmer turned oil and gas agent, Isaac Millard Cripe, born Apr 1878 in IL (his parents were Jacob Cripe [1825-1897] and Rebecca Elizabeth Shipley [1835-1905]); and a school teacher, Sally Mabel Coleman, born Dec 1876 in IL (her parents were Frank H. Coleman [1830-1906] and Naomi K. [maiden name unknown] [1836-1909]).Vivian had an older brother, Harold Edwin Cripe, born 21 Oct 1904 in IL, died 28 Mar 1986 in San Diego Co., CA (refer to the California Death Index, 1940-1997).
Vivian Irene Cripe married a chiropractor, William J. Krause, born Oct 1898 in WI.The couple had two children: Donald William Krause, born about 1927 in WI, and Harold Krause, born Feb 1930 in WI.The Krause family is listed in the 1930 Census data for Neillsville (resided at 113 Grand?), Clark Co., WI.
Frank H. Coleman is listed in the 1860 Census data for District No. 1, Kenton Co., KY; and the 1870, 1880, and 1900 Census data for Blue Mound, Macon Co., IL.
Issac M. Cripe is listed in the 1880 and 1900 Census data for Whitmore Township, Macon Co., IL; the 1910 Census data for Blue Mound, Macon Co., IL; and the 1920 and 1930 Census data for Wausaukee Township (resided on Rail Road Street), Marinette Co., WI.
Contact me for free scans.