Searching for ancestors and descendants of Peter Dallas, b. c.1757, whose wife may have been Margaret Fraser, both of (Inverness?) Scotland. Peter came from Scotland in 1792 and settled in Robeson County, NC. He died after 1812. He had 9 children:
1. Duncan Dallas b. c.1790 in Scotland, alive 1850 Robeson Co.
2. Hugh Dallas b. c.1794, married unknown around 1816-17. Many children, all born between 1818 and 1834 in Robeson Co., NC.: -Ann Dallas -John Dallas -Peter Dallas -Duncan Dallas (married Margaret McMillan in 1860), -Daniel Dallas -Sally Dallas -Margaret Dallas (married Daniel Shaw in 1865 or a McDuffie and moved to Marion Co., SC?), -Hugh Dallas (CSA, died at Petersburg, VA 1864; married Jeanette Currie after 1859 dau of Malcolm P. Currie and Catherine McNish)
3. Nancy Dallas, b. 1797 Robeson County, NC, d. 1875 Robeson County, NC. Married c.1817 to Alexander McPherson of Robeson County. Many children.
4. Elizabeth (Betsy) Dallas b. c.1798, alive 1850 Robeson Co. Unmarried.
5. Alexander Dallas b. c.1800, alive 1850 Robeson Co.
6. Charlotte Dallas b. c.1810, alive 1850 Robeson Co., unmarried.