I'm trying to connect my great-grandfather's line to the rest of the Daoust line and am hoping someone can help.
My great-grandfather was Edward "Eddy" Daoust (born March 1881 in Alpena, Michigan, and died 3/3/1934 in Mt. Morris, Genessee Co., Michigan). According to Marie Dolores Daoust (his daughter and my grandmother), Edward married Leoneda "Neda" Marie Bedard at St. Ann's Church in Alpena, Michigan in 1904. Leoneda is said to have been born December 1881 in Michigan, and died February 1970 in Mt. Morris, Michigan. Edward and Leoneda are interred at Calvary Cemetary behind St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mt. Morris, Michigan.
Children of Edward Daoust and Leoneda Bedard are:
1. Baby Girl Daoust, born abt. 1906 (deceased).
2. Lawrence Daoust, born 8/25/1906 in Alpena, Michigan and died 1947 in Mt. Morris, Michigan. Married to Lucille Funtch, who was born in 1908.
3. Yvonne Daoust, born 3/10/1908 in Alpena, Michigan and died during the 1990s in Florida. Married to Edward Burns, who predeceased her.
4. Marie Dolores Daoust (my grandmother), born 8/13/1910 in Alpena, Michigan and died 12/21/2001 in Mesa, Arizona. She was married 2/4/1932 in Fenton, Michigan to Harry Angus O'Toole (born 3/20/1905 in Mt. Morris, Michigan and died 6/22/1979 in Manistique, Michigan). They had seven children, of whom six are still living. Both Dolores, as she preferred to be called, and Harry are interred at Calvary Cemetary behind St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mt. Morris, Michigan.
5. Celina Marie Daoust, born 12/2/1912 in Alpena, Michigan and died 5/19/2002 in Mesa, Arizona. Celina never married.
6. Rena E. "Babe" Daoust, born 10/2/1916 in Alpena, Michigan and died in Florida during the 1990s. Married to Lt. Col. Bernard M. Brown, who predeceased her.
Census records and message boards indicate that Eddy Daoust was the son of Alex (born November 1842 in French Canada) and Adeline Daoust of French Canada. Messages posted by others in the Daoust GenForum and elsewhere indicate that Adeline was born Adeline Seline Mainville (July 1844 - 2/15/1925). I do not have independent confirmation of this, however.
Does any of this sound familiar? I would be most grateful for any help in connecting Eddy with his proper parents, and his parents with their ancestral lines. I will be glad to share any additional information I have.