Elizabeth CONRAD (1787-1856) was the eldest of ten known children of Susannah (Susan) FRANK (1765-1838) and Hans Heinrich (John Henry) CONRAD (1762-1834).
Elizabeth Married John DARR on 23 Jan 1809 at Rowan County, North Carolina (present day Davidson County, NC).John died before 1850.Elizabeth (and John?) is buried at the Beck's United Church of Christ Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.In 1850 the widow ELIZABETH was living as Family #434 in the Southern Division of Davidson County, North Carolina with her two youngest children: John and Anna.There is a broken tombstone for a John DARR (b. 27 Jun 1787) at Beck's.The death date is missing from the broken tombstone.Is this the right John DARR?John, husband of Elizabeth, may have been the son of John Henry DARR (1749-1816) and Catharine EDDINGER (1755-1836).Can anyone prove this?
Elizabeth Conrad and John Darr (Jr.?) were the parents of seven known children:
1. Sarah DARR (1811-1855) married David H. MILLER Sr. (1793-1852) in 1842 at Davidson County, North Carolina.They had three known children and are buried at the Jersey Baptist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.
2. Phebe DARR (c1814-???), nothing known, died young???
3. Susannah DARR (1814-1874), married 1st George MILLER Jr. (1816-1846) in 1836 at Davidson County, North Carolina and then 2nd to: Henderson GOBBEL (1824-???) in 1850.Susannah was the mother of seven known MILLER children and two known GOBBEL children.Susan and George MILLER are buried at the Jersey Baptist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.It is not known where Henderson is buried.
4. Catherine DARR (1818-1862) married Alexander CONRAD (1811-1878) and had nine known children.The parents are buried at the Pilgrim Reformed - United Church of Christ Cemetery, near Lexington, Davidson County, North Carolina.Alexander was a first cousin of Catherine's.
5. Mary DARR (1819-1902) went by Polly.She married Noah WARFFORD (1827-1892) in 1847 at Davidson County, North Carolina and had six known children.Polly is buried at the Stoner's Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, at Cotton Grove Township, Davidson County, North Carolina.Noah is buried at the Holloways Baptist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.
6. John Henry DARR (1822-???).Nothing known.There is a tombstone for a John H. DARR (05 Feb 1823 - 26 Aug 1859) at the Jersey Baptist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.Is this the right John H. DARR?Buried near to him is Elizabeth (18 Nov 1857 - 12 Aug 1858) DARR and John C. (02 Nov 1853 - 25 Sep 1858); listed as children of J.H. and E. DARR.
7. Anna DARR (1827-1855) married John MILLER (1800-1875) in 1854 at Davidson County, North Carolina.Anna and John are buried at the Jersey Baptist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina.After Anna died John married Mary Ann F. (01 Nov 1825 - 22 Mar 1859); and then Rachel Warford (05 Nov 1840 - 24 Jul 1914) on 15 Nov 1866 at Davidson County, North Carolina.John and Rachel had three children.John was a younger brother of David H. MILLER Sr. who married Anna's elder sister, Sarah DARR.Anna and John did not have any children.
I have lots of information on the descendants and ancestors of this family.Please contact me if you have anything to trade.Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com