St. Charles (Kane County, Illinois), Jan. 1, 1925, page 1: Dearborn Blk. To Be Razed Grocer Leaves With the month of January, one of the old landmarks of St. Charles passes as a business block, the old Dearborn building, corner West Second and Main street.
It was one of the big block in the year it was built, and named after its builder, "Dearborn."
There is only one of that name in St. Charles today, although two women whose maiden names were Dearborn, Mrs. Emily Dearborn Shibley and Mrs. Ethel Dearborn Marsden, still reside here. It is one of the most desirable locations in St. Charles and recently purchased by E. J. Baker, who will build a fine business block there, the corner room to be occupied by the St. Charles National Bank. (Posted as a courtesy, not related.)