Lewisburg, Northumberland, Pa was originally called Derr's Town
"It dates back to the Revolution when LUDWIG DERR, in 1785, selected the site and planned the village which has grown slowly but substantially to the large and progressive borough of this day".
comments powered by
From the Harrisburg Patriot of January 23, 1904
"ewisburg, formerly Derr's-town, was laid out by LUDWIG DERR about the same time, and was incorporated in 1817".
From the North American (Philadelphia) of February 1, 1851. (this same article, entitled "Towns on the Susquehanna" was repeated in the Harrisburg Patriot of March 1, 1873.