From the Dallas Daily Times Herald, Friday, May 12, 1905: BADLY BURNED BY GASOLINE Mrs. Henry Despain of Sherman Victim of Explosion (Special to the Times Herald) Sherman, Tex., May 12--Mrs. Henry Despain, wife of the chief of police, was seriously burned yesterday afternoon at 5 o'clock. She lighted the gasoline stove to cook supper. The generator was not burning and she struck a match to light it, not noticing the accumulation of gasoline in the pan. An explosion followed, filling the room with flames and setting fire to the house in several places and to Mrs. Despain's clothing. She sank to the floor in a faint and was seriously burned. Mr. Despain arrived home very soon after the accident and found his wife unconscious and badly burned. Mrs. Despain is better to-day but her burns are regarded as very serious.