The 1880 census of Bosque County Texas list the househole of a Malader Dicus and wife Elizabeth. Enumerated in their househole was a Lee Barrow (son-in-law), Mary Ann Barrow (daughter) and Thomas C. Barrow (grandson).
Mary, also known as "Molly", and Lee Barrow were married July 6, 1879 in Bosque County Texas.
It is believed that "Malader" was a spelling error on the census and should have been Malachi or Malaki Dicus orginally from Wayne County Tennessee. His wife Elizabeth was probably Elizabeth Nunley. Malachi was born about 1825-27 in Tennessee. His parents are believed to have been Ozier Dicus and Ferbia (Unknown) Dicus.
Mary Ann "Molly" (Dicus) Barrow was born about July 1861 in Tennessee. She and her husband Lee Barrow had at least four children: Thomas C., Leander Carr, Minnie M., and one other whose name is unknown to this researcher. This unknown died prior to the 1900 census.
By the time of the 1910 census, Molly's husband, Lee Barrow, had disappeared. Family traditions say that he had went on a trip back to Mississippi where his parents had owned a large plantation. Somewhere along the way, possily in or near Shreveport, Louisiana he was murdered. In the 1910 census, Mary Ann (Dicus) Barrow was living in the household of Mary A. Glenn in Somervell County Texas. In the 1920 census Mary Ann "Molly" was living in the household of her son, Leander C. Barrow in Bosque County Texas. Sometimes after 1820, Mary Ann married her second husband, John Price of Hood County Texas. It is believed that she is buried in the Dicus Cemetery near Brazos Point, Texas.
Leander Carr Barrow was born February 4, 1882 in Bosque County Texas and died in Cleburne, Johnson County Texas February 12, 1956. He is buried in the Squaw Creek Cemetery at Rainbow, Texas. He married Addie Allison about 1904.
I would like additional data on Malachi and Elizabeth Dicus and the rest of their family. Need date and places of thier births, deaths, burials, and marriages. Also need confirmation that the Dicus family that was in Bosque County Texas in 1880 was in fact the same as the one in Wayne County Tennessee in 1860.