I believe we may have a match for Adam Dils as many of my families statistics are the same.Our Adam was born March 27,1781 in N.J. and died April 1860. Adam married Ann, born Dec 16, 1791 in N.J. and she died Mar 30,1832. They had a son John, born 1814 and died 1890. I am unsure if they had any other children. In 1831 Adam purchased property from James Collins, now part of the Chippawa Conservation Park near Welland, Ontario, Canada. John purchased the above property from his father in 1844.
Adam's second wife was Margaret Vaughn Decker. One of their childre was Angeline, who married a Winters. There was a son who became a doctor..name unknown.
John married Diannah Heasip (Heaslip, Heaslop)who died on Feb 22,1899. Both are buried in the Heasip Cemetery on Canboro Road near Welland, Ontario.
John and Diannah had 8 children:
1.Emmeline, who married Calvin Brown, moved to Ohio and had 2 sons an 1 daughter...names unknown. I wonder if Browns may be your relatives?
2. Mary, who died at age 2 on Sept 3,1849.
3. Elijah, who married Marilda McPherson and changed his name to DILTS. They had 9 children: Adam. Alberta, Annie, Carrie, Will, Omer, Burvil, Maude and Marcus.
4. Marigeelen (Ellen) married Christopher Trumn and didn't have any children.
5. Diannah married Daniel Marlatt and had 1 son, John, who married Meadie Horton.
6. Lorinda married Clark Lane and had 2 sons, Adam and Alfred.
7. John changed his name to DILCE after an argument with his brother, Alfred.
8. Alfred was born Nov 8,1864 and died Apr 21,1944. He changed his name to DILTS after an argument with his brother John. He is buried at the Ridgeville Cemetery.
Alfred was (my husband's Great Grandfather. On May 24,1887 Alfred married Clara Helen Stringer, who was born Aug 23, 1865 and died Mar 9,1965. Their children were: Mary Emmeline who was born Dec 17,1888 and died Mar 9,1965 and John Aaron,who was born Jan 12,1895 and died of a heart attack on Jan 6,1957
I have a fair amount of info on Mary Emmeline and John Aaron's family history as John Aaron was my husband's Grandfather.
John was a Minister at Holloway St. United Church in Belleville, Ontario. John married Eva Florence McGanity who was born on Sept 26,1891. Eva was an elementary school teacher. John and Eva's children are: Arnold John, born Oct 10,1921, Dwight George Henry who was born June 10,1925 and died in 199? and adopted a daughter, Violet Gertrude McLeod in 1926. Violet was born Jan 31,1915 and died in 2001.
Arnold John is my husband's father. Arnold married Marjorie Leola Hitchon on Aug 30,1944. Marjorie was born Oct 1,1920. They had 5 children: Paul (my husband), Sharon, John, Marjorie and Robert.
If you are interested in any further info I would be happy to forward it to you. I would love to trace the German descendants of this family if you have any info at all.
Sharon E. Dilts