James Edward and Calvin are probably descendants of Phillip and Nancy McConnell Dingus of Scott County, Virginia.
This line is as follows:
1. John Jacob Dinges (1719-1760) the immigrant (1741). He was born in the Rhineland and died in Lancaster County, PA.
2. John William Dinges (1743-1785) and Anna Maria Kelker (1745-1814) both born and died in Pennsylvania
3. John Phillip Dingus (Dinges) and Nancy McConnell both born in Lebanan County, PA and moved to Russell/Scott County, Virginia about 1805. The name is spelled Dinges in Pennsylvania
4. William Dingus (1805-1883) and Mary Green (1807-1883) both born in Scott County, VA
5. James Henderson Dingus (1833-1902) and Sarah Halbert (1834-1919) James was born in Scott County, VA and Sarah was born in Floyd County, KY. James Henderson moved to Floyd COunty, KY.
6. John L. Dingus (1861-1920) and Miriam Justice (1865-1944) John was born in Floyd County, KY and died in Scioto County, OH. Some of their children lived in West Virginia where the name is spelled Dingess.
7. Calvin Dingus (1894-1961) and Mae Keeton/Keaton (1903-1974) Calvin was born in Floyd County, KY and died in Scioto County, OH. Their children: Cloteen Dingess James Edward Dingess Henry H. Dingess Miriam J. Dingess John W. Dingess Melvin Joe Dingess
I don't have Carl or Kay in my list.
Johann Peter Dingess is the founder of another line that settled in Mercer/Giles/Logan County, Virginia (later West Virginia). Johann Peter's parents died at sea in 1751 and the orphan was indentured to a family in Virginia. His sister's name and fate are unknown. It is also unknown if this family is related to John Phillip Dingus's family