Carleton County Anglican Church Records Woodstock & Northamption Anglican Church Records - Baptisms 1812-1830
114 #509 1826 Sep 9 John, James & Anne c/o Michael & Agnes Summers
120 #674 1830 Jun 17 Nicholas Feb 8 s/o Michael & Nancy Summers
Background:Frank Gallagher and Nancy McGee married in Dublin, Ireland in 1812. Their son Michael was born in 1813. About 1821, Frank, Nancy and Michael emigrated to New Brunswick. According to the 1851 New Brunswick census, Annie was born about 1821. In 1823, son John Gallagher was born.And, in 1823, Frank Gallagher died.
A "Descendants of Frank Gallagher" list compiled in 1964 did not include Anne as his child; just the two sons.
Nancy McGee Gallagher's second husband was Michael Somers.Nancy and Michael had four children: James, Elizabeth, Patrick and Nicholas.
2.Annie Gallagher's 1st and 2nd husbands
1851 New Brunswick census
42. James McNeil 25 (other documents indicate he was a little older), Ann 30, Stephen 8, Francis 6, William 4, Joseph 2, Margaret 1 and Nancy Dow 14.
Listed just before the McNeil's on the census are James' mother and brothers. (I believe Daniel was his half-brother.)
41. Margaret Donnelly 44, William McNeil 23, Joseph McNeil 22,Stephen 20 and Daniel Donnelly 16. (Margaret's first husband was Stephen McNeil.)
Annie Gallagher's first husband was Henry Dow.Their marriage is recorded in The Book of Dow on page 634.Annie and Henry's first child, Nancy Agnes Dow age 14 on the 1851 census, is not listed in The Book of Dow but their second child James Henry is in the book.
James Henry Dow is my great-great grandfather.
1) Nancy Agnes Dow - named after Annie's mother:) She was born in New Brunswick in 1837. She was baptized on 20 February 1840 at St. Bruno's Chatholic Church in Van Buren, Maine (336 Main Street 04785). The sponsors of the baptism were Michael and Nancy McGee Summers. Nancy Dow married Thomas Walton in Caribou. They are buried in the Waton Cemetery on the Caribou-Fort Fairfield Road.Nancy's grave marker lists her parents as Henry and Annie [Gallagher] Dow.
2) James Henry Dow - his middle name is dad Henry's name.I'm thinking Henry Dow's father was named James. I don't know what happened to Henry Dow. He is not documented in The Book of Dow - as far as I can tell....
James Henry Dow was born in New Brunswick in 1839.He is listed on the 1850 Eaton Grant census (now Caribou, Maine) living with James and Elizabeth Somers Shay/Shea and Elizabeth's parents Michael and Nancy McGee Gallagher Somers (James' grandparents).James is listed with Thomas and Nancy Walton (his sister) on the 1860 census. Next door is Thomas Walton's mother Elizabeth Post Walton Sands and her second husband Stephen Sands and their children.James married Mahala Jane Sands, Thomas' half-sister, in 1860. William McNeil is also living with the Walton family in 1860.James Dow's second marriage record lists his parents as Henry Dow and Annie Gallagher.
3) Stephen McNeil - named after James' father.
4) Francis - named after Annie's father:) Daniel Frank McNeil went by the name of Frank. I don't know where the name Daniel came from. Nancy Dow Walton named a son Danie Frank.James Henry Dow named a son Daniel Franklin.
5) William - named after James' brother.
6) Joseph - named after James' brother.
7) Margaret - named after James' mother.Margaret McNeil married John Whiteneck (various spellings) the son of Jonas and Mary Walton Whiteneck.
Annie is my favorite reserach project. I would enjoy hearing from anyone who connects to her.ALL information is welcome - every little piece helps!