My family line begins with John Duncan out of Scotland. He had three sons who came to America circa late 1760s, early 1770.
One of those sons, Jacob Duncan, landed in Buckingham County, Va. He settled in the Joshua Creek community. His first born, Charles Duncan, is my great times four grandfather.
Here is some information that I have about Charles Duncan's beginnings in Buckingham County, Va. and his line as it evolved out of Union County, Ga.
There is a Duncan Family Cemetery in Union County, my hometown. Charles Duncan and his descendants are buried there.
Charles Allen Duncan, Gainesville, Ga.
Jacob DUNCAN circa.1750-1814
buried in Buckingham County, Va.
1) Charles 1775-1865, married Mary FORD in 1796 moved to Burke Co., N.C. then Habersham Co., Ga., then Habersham divided to form Union Co., Ga. in 1832.
2) Elizabeth Duncan, born 1776 married Elisha FORD, Mary Ford's brother, 1796. They moved to Knox County, Tenn. She died there after 1861.
3) John Duncan, born circa. 1777 married Ann BONDURANT
4) Gabriel Duncan, born circa. 1779 married Sena, moved to Washington County., Va.
5) William McCandree Duncan, born circa 1780, married Pirscilla
6) Jacob Duncan Jr., born circa 1782, married Martha.
7)Peter DUNCAN b.1798 m.15 Nov 1859
+Elizebeth Susan OLIVER
8)Rebecca DUNCAN, born circa 1794, died Nov. 16, 1887. married Pierce Wade Melton, Fluvanna County, Va.
This is my family line as I know it:
John Duncan, + Mary Duncan.
2-Jacob Duncan-1750-1814, one of three brothers who moved from Scotland to the New World. Settled in Buckingham County, Va. His other two brothers, I don’t have their names, settled in Philadelphia and Ohio, respectively.
He married Mary or “Molly” Duncan.
3-Charles Duncan-1775 +Mary Ford-1775
4-David Newton Duncan-1806 +Nancy Gillespie-1811
5-James Francis Duncan-1833
5-Elisha Marion Duncan-1836 +Melissa Rider-1829
5-William Rufus Duncan-1839 +Frances Jane Hughes-1839