Taking another stab at the Holden Eldred/Eldridge pedigree. My frustration comes at the gap of lineage from N Kingstown RI to Sardinia, NY.
Here's what I do know: 1. Holden was born May 20 1798 in Rhode Island.
2. He married ?? Little; He married Mary Casey b. 1811
3. He is in the 1850 Sardinia, Erie Co, NY Census as Holden Eldridge age 52, Polly age 28, Maryette age 9, John age 7 and Lysander age 1. (Not sure where Polly fits in as Mary would have been 39 at time of Census and she's not listed in household.)
4. He died Oct 28 1851 in Sardinia
5. Mary Casey Eldred died June 12 1883 and is buried in Colden NY.
6. Lysander (son of Holden) worked as a farm laborer in Canada according to 1881 Ontario Census. Sometime around 1880 Lysander married Sarah Jane Walker b.1861 Ontario Canada (daughter of Timothy Walker).
7. 1884 Kent Co, MI Census:Fam 434 Pg 95 Lysander Eldred, age 35, born in NY, Father born NY, Mother born NY Sarah, age 23, born Canada, Father born England, Mother born Canada James, son, age 2, born in Canada Miniworth (sp?), daughter,age 9/12, born MI
I have further information on James Lysander and Sarah Jane's descendents.
Looking for parent information on Holden. Boston Transcript indicates He probably is a descendent of Capt. John Eldred, but I can't find the link from Capt. John to my Holden. There is another Holden that ended up in Greenville, WI. I haven't found a family connection with him.
Can anyone help me connect the dots?
Dennilyn 2nd great granddaugther of Holden Eldred/Eldridge Sources: Boston Transcript; Death record; cememtery transcript; Census records